Chapter 15

One night when Wei was asleep alone in his chamber, he was woken up by shuffling sounds in his room. He sighs thinking it's Yunlan and slowly open his eyes and gets startled to find a man in assassin clothes. He was brought out of his sleep and jumps from the bed to defend himself. But the opponent was strong and Wei was not able to hold during hand to hand combat. Wei twists and reaches for his sword but the assassin was quicker and he hits Wei on his neck which renders him unconscious. The assassin lifts Wei and carries him out on his shoulder.

Next morning, again all his maids were gathered around and Yunlan was furious to find his favorite concubine missing AGAIN. Now the question was if Wei left on his own or someone kidnapped him. Min Dai who was seated answers nonchalantly.

"We all know that Lord Wei once ran away from palace saying he wanted free time and went to meet his lover. Who knows this time also he went to meet his lover"

Suchi, Wei's personal maid replies immediately "No your Majesty, I don't think Lord Wei left the palace on his own"

"Why do you think so?"

"Your Majesty, my Lord has a obsession for cleanliness. Last time when he went out, his bed was not a mess. But today when I went to wake Lord up, the whole room was ransacked as if someone struggled here. The quilt was on the ground, Lord favorite scarf was also on the ground, the lamp was broken. It looked like there was a fight. Also, Lord's sword was left behind. My Lord would always take his sword wherever he went, it was a gift from his grandfather"

Min Dai scoffs at this "We cannot believe the words of this maid Your Majesty, who knows Lord Wei prepared all this just to make it look like kidnapping"

Yunlan looks at Min Dai doubtly "Why are you so adamant about this? How exactly you know he went out and not kidnapped? Do you know anything?"

"W-What....No Your Majesty, I am not aware of anything"

"Then shut your mouth and let me take a look at the room"

"Suchi, are you sure the room was like this when you came?"

"Yes, your majesty, this room was a mess when I came here today morning"

"Your Majesty, I came as soon as I heard the news" Han Chen walks in and bows. "This looks like Lord Wei was kidnapped, please allow me to investigate outside the palace"

"Go ahead! I want my concubine in the palace before evening"

"Yes, your Majesty!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wei's hands were tied behind his back. His legs were tied together. He had a black scarf around his eyes rendering him unable to see. He felt a rocking motion and assumed to be in a boat. He had no idea where he was or who kidnapped him and why? He didn't know if he was alone at the moment or there was someone standing guard. As he was contemplating on how to escape from this, he hears a creaking sound closer to him. It sounded as if someone was walking on a lose board which made a creaking sound.

A man in his warrior clothes walks inside the room and stops in front of Wei.

"Lord Wei, you do really have some charms but you are not the prettiest" (Yes, I personally wanted to kill this guy for saying this)

He carsens Wei's face and Wei shifts away from his touch. "But the King of Qin has lost his mind over you". He removes the blindfold and finally Wei was able to see the person in front of him, but could not recognize him.

The man holds Wei's chin and leans forward. Wei takes the opportunity and kicks the man hard on his stomach which makes him stumble back in pain.

"You evil bastard!"

"Why? Why did you kidnap me. I am just a concubine not even a royalty. I don't even involve in Imperial court"

"Lord Wei, you are so innocent. Just because you don't take anyone's side doesn't mean you are not useful. His Majesty is so much in love with you, the whole dynasty knows this. Do you know how valuable you are to his enemies"

"What valuable am I to you?"

"The whole state is in chaos, the Emperor of Qin is attacking each state and conquering them. We cannot let that happen and you are our token to freedom. Also I have a long lost grudge against your grandfather, this is a good opportunity for me to take revenge. But, I cannot kill you because I was ordered not to. But, the news of your kidnapping is far spread and I am sure your senior Bao Bei will definitely come to save you"

"Who ordered you to do so?"

"You should have known this by now. It is someone who wishes for you to disappear from the palace"

"Min...Dai?"

Before the other could answer, there are noises outside the bank of the river. The man orders one of the person to check whats happening. But as the person walks out of the room, he comes back flying in the air and falling right near the man's feet. Startled they all look up to find Han Shen and Bao bei standing together with their swords unsheathed. Without losing a second  a harsh fight concludes between them. As they were fighting Wei watches Bao Bei fight gracefully and he fully falls for his gracefulness again. He realizes that Bao Bei's sword skill have highly improved.

"Bao Bei" Wei shouts in fear for his safety. But at the end all the men falls down as Bao Bei and Han Shen defeat them to victory.

After the fight the three walk back slowly where Han Shen gives them personal space to talk to each other.

"Bao Bei, why did you come to save me?"

"Our senior came out to find you and asked for my help"

"I see"

"To be honest, I didn't want to come save you if it wasn't for Han Shen. D-Did the King of Qin treat you well?"

"Yes! Bao Bei, thank you for saving me. We need to go back to Qin now. Han Shen let's go"

They both stand there looking at each other for a while and part ways. There was clearly pained expression on both of their faces. It was hard to walk away from the one they love. It was more difficult for Wei as he was doing all this for Bao Bei. Han Shen and Wei walk away leaving Bao Bei alone. Instead of taking the direction to his home he follows both of them from a far distance.

Yunlan was riding his horse to the place where Wei was abducted after he received a letter from Han Shen informing about Wei's location. He sees both Han Shen and Wei walking towards him tiringly.

"WEI"

Hearing someone call his name Wei looks up and finds Yunlan jumping from his horse and running towards him. His pace automatically fastens and he runs as well meeting Yunlan in the middle and jumping in his arms. Bao Bei who was watching them from behind a tree, clenches his fist as a tear falls from his eyes. Unable to see this further he walks away from Wei once again. Han Shen could clearly see a small smile light up on Wei's face as he jumped in Yunlan's arms which made him doubtful about Wei's feelings for his Majesty.

"Your Majesty, I am back"

"What happened to you Wei? Tell me?"

"Your Majesty, I will tell you everything later. Let's get back to the palace. I am really very tired"

"Okay, let's go"

(Was Wei finally falling for Yunlan? Then why was there sadness on his face when he walked away from Bao Bei?)