Chapter 12 - Make Him Yours

Pallavi was about to get into bed when there was a knock on her bedroom door. She knew full well it was Aayi finally coming to seek answers. She went to open the door. Aayi walked in and sat down on the bed.

"Lock the door Pallavi"

Doing as she was told she locked the door and sat down on the bed facing Aayi. Waiting for the questions while trying to mentally figure out how to answer them. 

"For the past few weeks I thought you were meeting Mandaar in secret. "

"Mandaar.. Why Aayi?"

"You're habits were different. That one night you lied about where you were going and you kept your phone very close. Also, you were happy - smiling."

"Oh" pallavi didn't realize she was being so obvious. This was something else she needed to work on.

"Parents are not as unobservant as children seem to think. We like to pretend sometimes."

"Why did you think I went to see Mandaar?"

"To get answers to your questions. I am sure you have lots of questions for him and I wanted you to get those answers."

"He did come to the house and has messaged me many times asking to meet him. He wanted to explain himself for the past."

"Did you decide what you want to do?"

"I am going to see him. You are right it's time I got answers to my questions."

"Pallavi...I...."

"What's wrong Aayi?"

"Nothing. That's for another day. So tell me about Raghav when did you meet him? Why didn't you tell me about him?"

Pallavi looked at excitement on Aayi's face. She sounded like a mother ready to talk about boys with her daughter. If ever she needed affirmation that Aayi truly accepted her as a daughter it was this moment. In a sense that acceptance actually made this situation worse too.

How was she supposed to tell Aayi that there was nothing of that sort between Raghav and her. He wanted her in his bed. That is it. And she pallavi had agreed to it. For one night. She smiled at Aayi.

"It's nothing like that Aayi."

"Why don't you tell me how you met and stuff then we will see"

This pallavi could speak the truth.

"I met him the day mandaar was supposed to come back. I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk. He there in the park we talked and then I left. That was it."

"There is more pallavi. Didn't I just tell you to tell me everything"

"Okay fine. Then I met him on accident at the shop. He had came to buy Sarees"

"Who did he buy Sarees for?"

Pallavi stopped for minute. She never thought about it. Raghav had purchased over 50 Sarees that day but she didn't know for who. Remembering what he was upto while his assistant was buying the Sarees. Maybe it was just to pull Krishna away from the changing room. Now that the thoughts were in her mind she would need to confirm with Raghav or she would always speculate.

"I don't know Aayi. I told you it's nothing like that. He is like a.....friend"

"Even you don't believe that. Do you like him?"

"I...I don't know. Sometimes I want to just want to kill him. He is soo arrogant. Then there are times when he is sweet. Like tonight."

"You called him because you were uncomfortable at the wedding. I shouldn't have forced you. Still haven't learned not to force people."