neves

the next few days were really peaceful for michael. no freaky ghosts in the mirror and no touchy murderer, and definitely no scary dreams.

it was almost like he decided to give him a break.

the only ghost energy was the odd thing falling off shelves and things appearing in different places but that was nothing. he just ignored it. it was better than what it could have been, and michael was just happy that the really spooky stuff had ended for now, or at least thats what he thought.

or maybe he missed it.

michael got on top of his sleeping schedule and for a while believed it was all over. maybe calum realised what he was doing was wrong, maybe he heard michaels cries for him to stop and felt bad.

it was unlikely but michael was clinging on to anything, and it was nice not having terrifying dreams and waking up in cold sweats. he really enjoyed waking up sweat free. his bed had never smelled so good.

"-and she kissed my cheek!" luke gushed like a little girl. "kissed my cheek, mine." he sighed as he cupped his cheek with a wide smile, looking up with a childlike gaze. "i haven't washed my face since."

"ew, luke." laughed ashton as he pushed him gently, rolling his eyes but smiling non the less. he liked seeing luke this happy, it was cute. luke was cute.

luke was explaining his date with holly miller, a girl he had been crushing on since they were 10, and she finally agreed to go on a date with him after many attempts and many rejections. his friends thought it was a lost cause but when luke made a small joke about taking her to get ice cream, she smiled and said 'okay, hemmings, you're on', and michael and ashton had never seen him smile so wide.

he talked about it the rest of the day, it was annoying really.

"she wore the prettiest outfit guys. it was this really cute summer dress, right, and it had little strawberries on it and-" he squealed happily while imagining how she looked fondly. "i'm in like with her."

the whole group rolled their eyes and laughed at his response, all each giving him a whack while muttering 'simp', causing him to slide down the ramp with a yelp. he huffed and dusted himself off, flipping them off.

"dickheads. you're all mad you're single and ugly."

they were sitting on top of a ramp in a practically abandoned skate park.

it was dead, no one visiting because some kid told everything that there was a dead body that was buried under the ramps who really didn't like skating. but it was just rumours, however it did work in their favour. they often sat at the top, sometimes sliding down for fun. it was a nice, private area just for them where no one interrupted them.

"how's the sexy murderer guy, anyway?" ashton asked casually causing michael to choke on his water, coughing before regaining composure. "what?" he asked innocently with wide eyes.

"you did not just describe a serial killer as hot, a dead serial killer may i add, who terrorised me," michael gasped and cringed. calum was attractive, there was no doubt about that, however he murdered people and was dead. he was dead, so that automatically made him off limits, but he definitely was hot. "but i haven't seen him in a while. i think he's just given up, honestly."

ashton was very skeptical about the whole situation, and ghosts in general. he believed michael was seeing something whether that was a sexy murderer ghost or just his imagination, but he very much doubted the ghost part.

he didn't believe in that whole thing, thinking it was a load of rubbish to scare people and make movies off of. he was more of a logical person, believing in science and fact, not made up stories and photoshopped images. but he supported his friend going through the experience, and wanted to help as much as he could possibly, he just didn't believe him fully.

luke, however, was the complete opposite. he very much believed in it. the picture michael sent of the website sealed the deal for him, because that was exactly how michael had explained it. he didn't think he was capable of lying about such thing, plus ghosts were definitely real in his eyes.

he was very much into ghost stories, even claiming to have one of his own. it was only small, but pretty creepy when it happened.

luke was in his living room, watching tv when the backdoor swung open suddenly and two clangs were heard in the kitchen. on later inspection, a knife was half way across the kitchen, with no explanation how it got there. the knife rack was firm and still upright, so it hadn't fallen. there was just no explanation in luke's mind other than ghosts. he still got the chills thinking about it.

ashton would explain it was due to the wind of the back door, and the back door opened because it wasn't shut properly, but luke was sure it was the supernatural. he would just shake his head and explain that the door was definitely shut and call ashton a hater.

michael switched. before the mirror, he didn't believe in ghosts. he, too, believed that it was a load of rubbish made for scary stories and movies and it wasn't possible, but after experiencing what he had experienced, he was very much on luke's side. there was no denying that calum was really there, no denying that what he saw was supernatural, something they couldn't explain.

there was no other thing it could have been, no other explanation, despite michael willing there was.

everything was too real. the words, the feelings, the sounds, the smells. it was too real. michael didn't have any mental illness that could have come up with this, or at least not to this extent. he couldn't have imagined all that had happened to him, it was too big and too complicated, too messed up.

"michael?" luke furrowed his eyebrows as he shook his friend. "focus on me, and my love life." he whined and crossed his arms. "as i was saying, she told me she wanted to go out with me again! she thought i was cute." he gushed. he had climbed back up by that time and just kept repeating what had happened on the date.

michael and ashton were really happy for him, really. luke deserved it.

after they had finished hanging out they all went their separate ways. they lived near each other, so it wasn't too much of a walk alone. the sun had set and the night sky was sneaking it way into view, so the sky was a beautiful orange and pinky colour. it was a gorgeous
sight.

a bronze glow cast down on them and everything around them. oh how michael loved summer evenings. he stood for a second, taking in the beautiful sight as it reflected on his face, feeling peace wash over him in that very moment.

and maybe for a second he forgot everything that had happened. forgot about calum, the ghosts, the gruesome deaths he was forced to watch in his sleep. the only thing playing in his mind was 'man this sky is beautiful'.

it was cut short, however, when he remembered he probably looked like a weirdo stood in the middle of the street staring, so he averted his eyes and continued his walk home.

once michael made it back into his room, he looked at the mirror in force of habit. he didn't think he'd see anything until he saw a sad looking boy with a tuff of brown hair sat on the ground, head in hands.

+=+=

sorta a filler??

this chapter i thought was cute!! i guess to take away from the whole death and stuff.