Chapter 35

Picture of Star's New Apartment in the media.

Another day...

Star's P.O.V

I sat at my kitchen counter staring at the page of my textbook.

"What does B equal then?"I say to myself

I always hated the 'y = mx + b' formula...but it helped me pass 9th grade.

"Fuck!"I yelled

I threw the book on the floor. I took off my glasses and sighed, running a hand through my hair.

I have never stressed over school work.

I stared at my phone to see 1 missed call from Megan, 3 voicemails from Zach and 1 unread message from Sam, my boss...I guess. Also a message from an unknown number.

I opened that one.

U- (I hear that you and Zach are having a relationship problem...need any help? ☺️)

I have a good feeling who it is.

*****

I was in the shower washing my hair. I sang along to Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd.

"Cuz if you want to keep me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got to love me harder. And if you really need me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got to love me harder. Oooh love me love me love me. Oooh harder harder harder"I sang

I turned off the water and got out the tub. I wrapped a towel around myself and went into my room.

I changed into more comfortable clothes.

I sat on the couch and called Zach.

Zman- Yo!

S- Hey.

Zman- Hello.

S- Zach...I'm bored. I need you.

Zman- Really?

S- Yes...seriously.

Zman- How do I know if you're not lying?

S- Zach, stop playing with me. This is not funny. *starts crying*...I need my boyfriend.

Zman- *sighs* Alright...gimme your address.

S- 3750 Maple Ave. Penthouse level.

Zman- Alright, I'll be there soon.

After I hung up, I sat there with my face buried in my hands.

Then I decided to read my new book, The Demon Inside.

(Skipping time)

I was so lost in the book that I barely heard the doorbell, but I answered it on time.

I put the bookmark at the beginning of the 6th chapter and got off the couch.

I walked to the door and opened it to see Zach standing there, emotionless.

I let him inside. He walks over to the bar stool. He sits down and stares at me. I close the door and lock it.

I walk over to the counter and stand on the other side of it.