Chapter 11

Friday...

Star's P.O.V

Walking into the hotel room, with me and Zach's suitcase, I threw myself on the bed.

Zach went to Barclays Center (in Brooklyn) and I came straight to the hotel (in Manhattan).

He had about 3 hours til the World vs. USA Rising Stars game. It starts at 8 though.

I took a picture of Manhattan through the window that gave us a perfect sight of Manhattan, NY.

"I've always wanted to come here"I say to myself

I turned on the TV and watched the news.

Damn it's like 10° out there...dafuq?

I hope my baby is okay. He's on the train anyway.

Ugh, public transportation makes me iffy.

*****

I stepped out the shower with a towel around my body and my hair.

I dried off and lotioned myself up. I put on the Wolves USA jersey (picture of Zach wearing his in the media). I put on my black jeans and my gray Nike Air Jordan Retro 10's.

I left my hair in a ponytail, only just neatened it up a bit.

I'm out!

I put on my black sweater then my gray Northface jacket. I put on my black TAKEN beanie.

I grab my phone and room card, exiting the hotel room.

Time to cheer my baby on.

*****

I sat behind the USA bench watching the people from other countries go back and forth against the people from America.

Andrew is on the World side because he's from Toronto, Canada.

*****

Halftime is almost here. There's only 2 halves so...yeah.

I was just sitting there drinking my Coke when the ball came flying at me, causing my drink to spill all over me and the straw to cut my gums. The spill ruining my Jersey.

I heard a whistle blow. I looked up onto the court and saw Andrew laughing at me.

He threw it...that little bitch.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"I say

He just kept smiling and laughing at me. Zach walked up to him but was pushed back before he did something he regretted.

I stood up and ran out of the arena, not even caring to finish watching the game.

I just went back to the hotel room and watched the game on the TV.

I don't have time for his bullshit.

*****

So USA lost.

Sadly.

Anyway, I'm laying in the bed staring out the window.

The beautiful night lights of Manhattan are making me go weak.

My thoughts were ruined by the sound of footsteps. I turned and saw Zach walking into the room.

He walked over to the bed and kissed my forehead.

"You okay?"he says

"Yeah"I lie

"I was pissed when he threw the ball at you"he says

"I think he cut my gums...the straw caught the top of my gums"I say

"Let me see"he says

I open my mouth.

"Yeah, I see some blood"he says

I get up off the bed and walk into the bathroom. I examine my mouth. I groan and sit on the counter top, covering my face.

"Are you still going to the dunk contest tomorrow?"Zach asked from the doorway

I look up at him.

"I guess"I say shrugging

He walked further into the bathroom. He laid his head on my shoulder and rested his hands on my back. He kissed my neck.

"I'm gonna tell you like you told me...he's not worth it"he says

I nod and turn to kiss his cheek.

"I should beat his ass when we get back"I say

He chuckled and helped me off the counter. I walked out the bathroom and back to the bed.

I crawled under the covers and curled up.

Minutes later, Zach came out of the bathroom dressed in sweats and no shirt.

His night clothes I guess.

After a few minutes of just laying there, I started crying.

"What happened baby?"Zach says

"Why is it always me?"I say

He crawls on the bed and lays beside me. I turn my whole body to face him. He wraps his arm around my waist.

"Its like that because everyone wants to be like you. They want you to acknowledge them"he said

He wipes my tears and kisses my cheek.

"But there's only one you...and I fell in love with that one. Meaning nobody else can have you because you're mine"he said

I give a small smile and sniffle.

"Baby you're special...and no one can replace you. Don't let that douche bring down your confidence"he said

He caressed my cheek. He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me all the way.

I buried my face in his neck.

"I love you Star"he says

"I love you too Zach"I say

He kisses my cheek and rubs my back lightly. I sigh and close my eyes, allowing deep slumber to take over.

Falling asleep in his arms.