Chapter 2 | My mission

Immediately I woke up and I sat up in my bed sweating and anxious.  My breathing went like crazy.  For a moment I looked around to realize I was in my bedroom.  My alarm clock said 10:00 PM. Huh, only slept for an hour. I was glad it was just a nightmare.
'Pfew.'  I said with a sigh and let myself fall backwards in bed.

Since I turned 18, I've had the same nightmare about four times a week.  Each time I woke up sweaty and very upset.  The figure seemed to be getting closer and closer.  Still at 27 now.  It drove me crazy sometimes.

'Lily.'  I heard a familiar voice calling my name and it jolted me out of my thoughts.  My eyes went to my bedroomdoor.

In the doorway stood a tall woman with chestnut hair.  She had the figure of a model.  Her green eyes looked at me serious.  This is usually not a good sign.  The woman's name was Camilla Castan.  She was two years older than me.  We've known each other since we were 5 and 7.
Camilla was officially my maid, but she was more like my best friend.  I had to call her Cam, because she hated her full name.

'What wrong?  Please, Come on in.'  I said not fully awake yet.  Camilla glanced down the hall to see if anyone was approaching.  Then she quickly came into my room and closed the door behind her.  It seemed like she had found something out and yes, she was bad at keeping something secret from me.  Really, she was like an open book.  Well... rather transparent.

She walked towards me. Camilla gently grabbed my chin.  She looked at me inquiringly.

"Let me guess... Same nightmare again?"  Camilla asked worriedly. I just nodded and she let go of my chin.  "I'm so curious what your nightmare means."
"I see a figure and hear a man's voice."  I sighed.  'Nothing more.'  Actually, I didn't want to talk about it any further.  It still felt personal.  "But you're not just here."  I said to quickly change the subject. She shook her head. I knew Camilla would have liked to know more about my nightmare because she thinks it's a vision.  I always thought she was crazy when she mentioned that.  I threw the covers off me and got out of bed.  I straightened my bed.

"That's right, according to Gabri, you and I, along with Emily and Bryan, will be sent to Earth tomorrow on some mission."
For a moment I stopped straightening the covers.  Did I hear right?  Was I sent to Earth?  Has Gabriel gone mad?  "Since when do they want to send me on a mission?"  I asked, sitting on the edge of my bed.  I snapped my fingers and my white nightgown turned into a light blue dress.  Camilla crossed her arms and frowned at me.
'What?!'  I said.  I seriously meant what I asked.

"Lily, you ARE the only daughter of God... Duh!  that's reason enough!'  I rolled my eyes.

"I still don't understand why Gabri would send us."  Before Camilla could answer, there was a knock.  I got up and straightened my white dress.  'Inside!'  I said briefly.

My guards on the other side of the door opened the door and a thin man in a white uniform entered.  His brown hair was in a ponytail.  Gabri.  His brown eyes searched mine in the room and unfortunately they found mine.  Then they shot briefly at Camilla.

"General Kyari."  she said coldly.  Gabriel smiled briefly.  I was so horrified by this man.  It was my ex too.  So much regret.  Fortunately, it lasted less than a month.  "Gabri."  I said coolly.  He looked at me again.

'Your Highness.'  he said and Gabri bowed briefly.  'Could I talk to you privately for a moment?'  he asked with a smile.  I would rather not be alone with him.  He's already tried a few times to... "Your Highness?"  he interrupted my thoughts.  'It is important.'  I glanced at Camilla, who shook his head no behind Gabri's back.  Camilla knew everything that had happened.  All my secrets.  Still, I motioned for her to go.  Camilla gave Gabri a dirty look, but she knew she couldn't say anything to him because he was higher in rank.  Camilla left the room, but I knew she was waiting in the hallway.  She knew my instructions so to speak when Gabri came into my room.