Chapter 5 | Breathtaking

Chapter 5 breathtaking

My goodness... What the hell was I lying on?  My back hurt a lot from lying down and I felt like I was lying on the floor. Luckily I had a nice warm blanket over me. I blinked my eyes, because they had to get used to the fluorescent light shining straight into my eyes. Deadly irritating.

I moaned in pain. Where was I? I tried to turn on my right side to change position, so that my back was no longer bothered by the bed. Not for a second did I lay on my side and I screamed in pain. I grabbed my side and felt a bandage.  Something started to dawn on me that I had landed on Earth last night, but that I had already landed quite wrong.

"Crazy woman... Just lying on your left side or back." I heard Camilla say and she made sure I lay on my back. I was very relieved and happy to see her. Emily and Bryan sat on the other side of my bed.

"Not on my back... I'm going to sit up."  I said with a groan. Emily helped me sit up.

I was still wearing my clothes from last night.  My tank top was ripped and dirty with dirt and blood, as were my pants. Camilla saw me watching.

'Sorry, I thought I'd help you change when you wake up. Just took longer than expected.'  said Camilla. I didn't feel like responding. She was right not to.

We were in an infirmary, but it seemed to have barely been used. The hall was otherwise empty, while next to me there could be something like 20 people get medical attention if needed.  I was closest to the door and I saw curious looks looking at us through the glass of the door. I didn't feel comfortable.

'Where are we?' I asked and felt myself becoming restless. I ran my hand over my neck. There was also a bandaid on my neck.  I had fallen really well. Was I injured there too?  I couldn't remember.

"This is Dragos his mansion."  said Bryan.
'Sora didn't want to explain more to us.  Just that this was the basis of a company that Dragos runs.'  said Emily.  I was still not reassured about this.  My curiosity was aroused.  What kind of business did Sora's brother run? That was something for me to find out when my wounds healed. I nodded that it was fine where we were.  We had shelter for now. I shifted slightly, but that left me with a stab in my side.  I moaned in pain. Emily immediately grabbed my other hand.

"Sit still, Lily." Bryan said and Emily briefly ran her hand through my hair.

'My side.' I whispered in pain and rubbed it for a moment.

'Leave a bandage on, Dragos will come and take care of your wounds.' Cam said, taking my hand away from my side.

'Dragos?"  I asked.  Did Sora's brother come to help me?

"That man from last night who caught you?"  Cam asked. Not a single light came on for me.

'Didn't he impress you?  I had the feeling he did something to you.' grinned Emily. "He caught you and you passed out right away."  Camilla gestured over dramatic fainting. The girls thought they were very funny. I rolled my eyes.  Very slowly it came back to me. The mysterious man with dark brown hair and beautiful bright blue eyes. His appearance made me think he came from another time. 'You blush!'  cried Cam, giggling and clapping her hands.  Emily laughed even harder.

"Sssht Cam, act normal!" I said to her.  "And that fainting was because of the pain." Camilla chuckled.

"He's way too old for Lily." Bryan came through.

'What difference does it make?  Lily is 28."  said Camilla.

"I just don't trust that guy." said Bryan shortly.

"Guys, please..." I said softly. "What are you doing weird, barely saw the guy."

There was noise in the hallway.  Camilla looked at me with a broad smile. I could strangle her.  There was a polite knock on the door.