Chapter 19

Apologising in advance for making this a short chapter :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Julian's POV

I know I'm a little drunk, because my reflexes are shit. Dani's kissing me, and I need to pull away. When I do, she's wearing an incredibly smug look, but I quickly ignore it when I see Allie staring at us before storming off down the hallway.

"Shit," I mutter. "Shit, shit, shit!" I'm yelling now. "Dani," I start, staring at my ex girlfriend. What can I say to her? Nothing. I need to find Allie. "Al!" I call out, racing down the hallway after her, suddenly feeling a lot more sober. "Allie!"

I get outside and can't see her, but Nicole is making her way over, pointing to the gate. I motion for Nicole to stay here and run outside. Allie's in the middle of the road outside Scott's house, looking each way, deciding what to do.

"Allie!" I yell again, running and grabbing her before she can take off.

She struggles straight away, hitting at me. "Get off me Julian!" she screeches, and a couple of dogs start barking. She'll wake the whole neighbourhood.

I hold her tightly so she can't move in my grip. "Allie, please listen. Please let me explain."

"It wasn't what it looked like," she says sarcastically. "She kissed me. I tried to get away." She twists in my grip and gets loose, standing a foot away from me. "Save it." She turns to leave.

Allie's POV

"Let me explain!" Julian yells, sounding angry rather than desperate now.

I turn to look back at him, waiting for something, but his mouth just opens and closes. I go to leave again, but something nags at me. "Actually, explain something to me." I look at him, my eyebrows creased together. "Why did she tell me you cheated on her?"

Julian looks at the ground and swallows hard. "Because I did," he says simply.

I nod as I lick my lips. "K, just wanted to know I guess." I find it strange that I'm not surprised. Yesterday if you'd told me Julian had cheated on someone, I never would have believed it. But tonight? Well, tonight just isn't his night I guess. It's just not our night.

"Where are you going?" Julian asks hopelessly.

I shrug. "Don't know. Don't care." I stick my hands in the pockets of my jacket and start walking.

"You can come and stay at my place." I look up and see Nicole's walked outside.

"I'll drive you," Julian says quickly.

Nicole grabs his keys and puts them in her bag. "No, I'll call Mum," she says, I can barely hear her. Then she says something else and nods her head towards Scott's house.

Julian starts to walk away, looking back at me for a second before disappearing into the yard.

"Come on, let's walk," Nicole says, linking her arm in mine and handing me a tissue out of her bag.

Julian's POV

Allie's gone - up and left with my best friend. I'm pissed off. I'm pissed off at Dani, because she's always been a jealous psycho. I'm pissed off at myself, because I should have known better than to get cornered by her. I'm pissed off at Nicole, for leaving me here and taking Allie with her. And I'm pissed off at Allie, because she should trust me no matter what.

Brendan, my closest friend out of the guys, takes me upstairs to one of the spare rooms. He jumps on one single bed while I collapse onto the other.

"I'm guessing she left," he says stupidly, earning a glare from me.

"Of course she left!" I snap. "With Nicole. And they took my car keys."

"Pretty sure it's not the car keys you're worried about," Brendan points out.

"No shit," I reply, but I'm tired of being angry suddenly. "She just, she didn't even want to look at me. Wouldn't let me explain anything." I feel sick just thinking about it.

"She'll get over it. Tomorrow you two will talk and it'll be fine." Brendan gives me a reassuring smiling.

I look down and play with the bracelet that Allie made me a few weeks back. "I really don't know." And for the first time since meeting Allie, I really don't.

Allie's POV

"Don't worry, my place isn't too far," Nicole says quietly. After a minute she adds, "Wanna talk?"

I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands, wiping away the tears that won't stop falling now that Julian's not around to see. I didn't want him to see me cry over him. "You've known him for a long time?"

Nicole smiles. "My whole life. Our parents are friends. Me and Julian have been inseparable for a really long time." When I give her a questioning look she says, "Never anything more than friends."

"Why'd he cheat on Dani?" I ask, scuffing my boots along the footpath as we walk.

"I can't answer that," Nicole says sadly. "You really have to talk with Julian. I know you're upset, and tonight you want nothing to do with him."

I laugh through my tears. "You're telling me."

"You know what I can tell you?" Nicole asks with a smirk.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "What's that?"

"You need to sort this out with him. Because Julian loves you more than he's ever loved anyone. And you make him happier than he's ever been."

I look down, knowing that 30 minutes ago I felt exactly the same way, but now, I'm just not sure.