Chapter 5

"Okay, Taylor, explain to me," Danny said as my fingers fumbled around on one of the shelves in the upstairs hall for a key. "What's behind the door?" He gazed at the wooden oak frame that stood before us.

"You'll see," I gripped the key tightly in my enclosed fist and took it down from the shelf. It slid into the keyhole with ease, and I twisted it clockwise. There was a small click, indicating that the door was unlocked. I removed the key and placed it back on the shelf. "Ready?" I asked.

He nodded.

I stood with my back to the door, facing Danny, and then I pushed the door open backwards with my bum.

I knew what was inside, but Danny didn't. It was our guest bedroom. A huge room, much bigger than my own, with a large master bed in the middle and a single bed at either side. There was also a door to the en-suite to the left of the room, which included two power shower's and a hot tub.

"Wow," Danny gasped, gawking at the room. The walls were painted a soft light blue color which gave the room a relaxed feel about it. I strutted into the centre of the floor with my hands on my hips. "Taylor," was all Danny whispered.

I gestured with my index finger for him to come in. "Let's have a party of our own," I said in a sexy tone while sliding my left bra strap down off my shoulder.

He didn't look keen, but he shut the door anyway. "Taylor, we really can't do this," he muttered, demolishing my hopes for the night, and possibly even the whole day of tomorrow.

I threw the decorative pillows off the foot of the bed and questioned, "Why not?"

"Taylor, you know why," he said while placing his hand on the back of his neck.

I shrugged. How the hell would I know his reason to why we 'couldn't do this'. I ran through the previous hours for clues of anything he'd said regarding to this. Nothing came to me.

"You're, well, you're underage, Taylor. I don't want to get involved in that kind of stuff with you. So, I'm taking precautions to prevent myself from becoming heavily weighed down with regret later." His eyebrows shaped into a manner of sympathy and then he took in my expression. "I know, I'm not underage, but you are."

Okay, I get it. I'm underage. No need to repeat it over and over like I was some sort of retarded spazz. "So? I don't care if I'm underage. I'm nearly eighteen, three months away to be exact, so I'm only like, what, ninety days underage?" I guess it sounded like all babble and no facts to him, but I knew I was right. The age of consent in California was eighteen. The drinking age was twenty-one, but I didn't want to bring that up, well, at least I didn't want to. "Hey, but get it this way, you're underage drinking. You're, like, nineteen, so ha, we're both braking the law." Too late, I'd mentioned it.

"Yes, but you're braking it on two accounts," he murmured.

"Oh, big deal," I snorted. The room suddenly felt quite stuffy, even though it had been empty the whole night. The window was my best choice, which I struggled with to get open but finally managed to feel the cool night's breeze float in after all my might had been pushed to the limit. Danny, the whole time, just stood in his fixed position at the door. "I just thought about something," I notified, touching my bottom lip. "How come you were gonna in the closet, but not now?" If he didn't answer me, then I would have to demand him to.

"Because we weren't going to do anything in the closet," he said. "All I wanted to do was kiss you, I guess," he explained, his checks flushing a warm cherry red color.

"That ruins the game, because I don't see how that's fun," I smirked.

"Oh, come on, Taylor, stop complaining and enjoy your party."