Chapter 12

"Others?" I repeated. Lewis looked so damn sexy in the sun...

"Katie, David, Jordan..." Emma trailed off. "Ah, look, there they are!"

Using most of my strength, I managed to rip my eyes away from Lewis. I followed Emma's gaze, which led to a bench with two people sitting on it with their backs to us.

We finally reached their bench and Emma practically threw me at them. "Meet Taylor!" she yelled excitedly.

Once the pair realized we were there, which was after Emma spoke, they turned around to talk to us. There was a girl was long, straightened, dark brunette hair - I assumed she was KD - and a boy with short, ruffled, blond hair - either KD's twin David, or Jordan.

"Oh, hiya, Taylor," KD smiled, her Scottish accent coming across clearly.

"Well, hello there, sexy," the guy flirted, winking. He had an English accent, so he must have been Jordan.

Emma slapped him on the back of the head. "Jordan, she is SO out of your league!"

Jordan shrugged, smiling in embarrassment. "Worth a try."

In that moment, I felt homesick. Jordan's harmless flirting reminded me of Scott. I wondered if Scott and the rest of the crew had forgotten about me already. No, they couldn't have, it's only been two days.

"Taylor!" my favorite person in the world’s voice called out from behind me. Before I could turn around to gaze at his gorgeous face, an arm was slung over my neck casually.

My eyes stared at Lewis' hand hanging over my shoulder. I grinned. "Lewis."

"Davies was talking 'bout you," he notified.

Emma, KD and Jordan observed us carefully. There was a twinkle in Emma's eyes as she smiled at me. KD watched us with a blank face and Jordan furrowed his eyebrows, folding his arms.

Suddenly, someone jogged past us, bumping into Lewis and causing us to stumble a few steps forward. Lewis still kept his arm around me. "David, what the hell dude?" he complained.

The guy - obviously David - held out his hands in protest. "Hey, I got held back!" he explained. Yeah, he was definitely Scottish. "Hiya, sis."

KD made some sort of tutting noise. "I told you not to talk to me."

David ignored her, sitting up onto the table next to Jordan. All four of them - KD, Emma, Jordan and Emma - were sitting on the actual table, with their feet on the connected benches.

"Hey! It's the American!" David exclaimed after he noticed me. "Welcome to the cool crowd!"

I smiled back at him, trying to be nice. "And you're the Scotsman," I stated with a hint of meanness for calling me the American.

"Yup," he grinned, proving that my statement didn't do what it was intended to.

Emma nodded to me. "So guys, what happened at school today?" she asked the others. I knew what she was doing; she was giving me and Lewis an opportunity to speak privately.

Lewis tugged me away from the bench and nearer to the rows of shrubs which lined the fences around the field.

"What was Davies saying?" I asked once we were out of everyone's hearing range. Lewis and the rest of the cool crowd all simply called her 'Davies', without the 'Mrs', so I thought I should too.

Lewis' eyes bore into mines and I began to feel dizzy. This was not a desire to make out with him, this was real. I considered Lewis being my first, serious boyfriend, but the thought of it made my head spin even more.