Chapter 9

"No fricken way," I moaned, folding my arms and closing my eyes.

The uniform which Alex was trying to force me into, landed on my lap. After she'd left the room for about fifteen minutes to calm down after our and then she'd came back and acted as if nothing had happened. "Yes fricken way," she responded. "You won't get lunch if you don't abide by the school dress code."

I pushed the uniform onto the floor. "Then, I guess I'm not having lunch."

"Pick that up!" After a few seconds, she gave up on all her motives and possibly all hopes of me wearing a uniform. "Fine, go on. Go on downstairs to lunch in your own clothes, I dare you to!"

That was all I wanted. Grabbing my disinfectant, I made my way toward the door. "What's the worst that could happen?" I asked.

Everyone rolled their eyes and snorted. "Just you wait and see..." Alice trailed off. The three of them followed me out the room and all ignored the stares of admiration and amazement I got from the younger students. I'm sure it was okay to admit that I loved it. Being thought of as cool for not wearing a uniform? Now, that, was hot.

I began to get lost after I'd come down the curvy staircase, so I let Alex go ahead of me to lead the way. The corridors were full off swots, all in uniform and heading in the same direction.

"Right, I'm gonna clear this with you right now," Alex began. "If you behave like an asshole, then we all suffer. So, do not get us in your shit, or we will break you," she warned in a low voice.

"Oh, I'm scared," I said sarcastically.

She continued, "No drinking, no smoking, no alcohol. No bullying, no swearing,"

"You just swore, though," I interjected.

"Try not to get caught swearing," she corrected. "No illegal drugs and no fraternizing with the boys."

Great, so I wouldn't get to hook up with any of the guys. "That's a little gay, don't you think?"

"I think that it's sensible."

"No doubt, Miss. teacher's pet."

She growled under her breath.

"Face it, Alexia, you're a teacher's pet."

"First, my name is Alex; second, I'm not a teacher's pet."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say..." I muttered.

We kept on walking down the corridor, along with everyone else, until I finally saw a large, unique door ahead. The students flooded in, all hungry and content.

The dining hall was set out in large tables of about ten, and I followed my roommates toward a table near the front. A giant chandelier hung delicately from the high roof and executive paintings decorated the room. There was a much longer table to the left of the room and, seeing that a group of teachers were sat there, I presumed it was the head table or some crap like that.

I slid into the old, wooden chair and folded my arms.

"Oi, get up, we gotta wait for Mrs. Davies and the prefects," Alice hissed.

I threw my hands up in protest. "Screw them!" The next second, I was on my feet. "Hey, that is physical abuse!"

Alex spun her head round to face me. "Do we care?"

I glared at her, while killing her three times over in my mind.

The hall was relatively full when a group of students marched in and seated themselves at the head table. Then, Mrs. Davies walked in, nodding her head and smiling at the students. That was when she noticed me. Her eyes glared at me icily and I looked away to the back wall.