•2•

Day 6 With No Memory
Sapnap POV.

The morning after was another ride. Karl freaked out again, saying he didn't know who I was and scratched at his arms over and over again until the point it was bleeding. I didn't know what to do besides sit and watch me fiancé tear himself apart and try not to break down myself.

What makes everything so much worse is that the night prior to everything Quackity left. He got mad at us for not telling him about Kinoko Kingdom, and Karl must've just forgotten. Karl sat at the kitchen table as I bandaged up his arms, nothing said between us.

It went like this for five more days until the present. Karl waking up scared, clawing at himself as he tried to run. At this point I just let him. All the doors to the outside were locked though cause I didn't want to lose him completely.

We were again sitting at the kitchen table as Karl slipped on his cup of water. "You're name is Karl Jacobs." I said, Karl looked up at me with his beautiful gray eyes and a sad look upon his face. "My name is Sapnap." Karl took a second, but eventually nodded his head and took another sip from his drink. "We live in Kinoko Kingdom, a place we created with our friend George." He nodded yet again. "Can you repeat that?" I asked. He looked up at me again, making eye contact before saying the words, "repeat what?"

I sighed, wanting to cry I just got up and replied, "nothing, it's nothing. I'll be in the room down at the end of the hall okay? Come get me if you need anything. Okay Karl?" Karl nodded looking confused by what I just said to him. I nodded back at him and walked to the room we once shared. I guess we still share it, we just don't share a bed anymore.

I walked into the room, closing the door quietly  as to not make a loud sound and scare Karl off. It's been almost a week and Karl. Any remember a thing even after you say it right to his face. It pains to me wake up and watch him run every morning, trying to find out who and where he is. I trudged over to the bed and sat on the left side of it.

I wondered what Quackity was doing right now. He was probably in his own country, Las Nevadas, having the time of his life. Probably already haven forgotten his lovers, former lovers. And this was my breaking point. Tears fell from my eyes and flooded down my face as my hands flew to my mouth to muffle my cries so Karl didn't have to be worried.

Karl asked me what he had his engagement rings on, he didn't know they were engagement rings but he wanted to know why he had them. I told him that he just really liked jewelry, specifically rings and left it at that. He tried to ask why I had matching ones but I just walked away.

It hurt, every time I look at him I just see a sad and confused man who just wants answers and his memory back. And god if I could give him my own, or even switch positions I would, I really would.

I sat on the edge of the bed sobbing for maybe thirty minutes before I heard a knock on the door. "Are you okay?" The voice asked, it was Karl. I didn't respond and he just walked in. I sobbed more as he walked over to me and sat down on my right. I could feel his gaze one me and I brought my knees up to my chest and sobbed more.

Karl awkwardly put a soothing hand on my back, making circle motions with it in an attempt to calm me down. "I don't know why your sad right now, but, I want to help. Can I hug you?" Karl whispered. I slowly turned my head to him and nodded. I was soon embraces in the familiar warmth of one of my fiancés.

I continued crying as I leaned into Karl. Neither of us saying a word besides Karl asking his he could let my hair to try and help calm me down. And it was honestly working a bit.

Hours go by and all my tears were shed and Karl lay leaning against me, asleep. He looked so peaceful and calm. His fluffy brown hair had fallen onto his face, the small amount of sun shining through the window made him look like he was glowing. I smiled before getting up from my spot and laying him down in the bed, covering him up with a blanket before moving to my own makeshift bed on the floor.

Everything hurt to remember, especially the good since the bad has outweighed it for years now. But it was the small moments like that which make everything a little more plausible until the end.

I sat up to get one more glimpse of my lover before I went back to sleep. Back into the dark and welcoming trance I fell into every night.

/\/\/\/\/\
Word count: 880