•7•

Day 43 With No Memory
Sapnap POV.

It had been a few hours since I had found Karl. We're back in our room now, Karl's sitting on the bay window looking down at all the buildings and lights. I wanted to ask him about what made him run, but I'm too afraid that he would've forgotten it by now.

Karl turned his head to look at me, blinking a few times before turning back to the window. He continued to do this a few times before asking me, "Who's the man?" I furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a questioning look. "What man?" I asked. Karl turned his entire body so he was now facing me again. "Y'know the man with," he paused. He brought his hands up to his head and covered the back of it, occasionally smacking his head while trying to figure out the word he was looking for. "Beanie?" I suggested. "Yeah!" Karl exclaimed, pointing at me. "That's it."

"That man yelled at me. He blamed me for things I don't know about. I was confused." He explained. Karl was talking about Quackity. Of course he was. Of course the man Karl had to run into was Quackity. Just our luck. "It's okay to be confused. Maybe he mistook you for someone else. Don't beat yourself up about it though okay?" I tried explaining, even though I know exact what Karl was talking about.

Karl nodded and turned himself back to the window. "It's pretty. I like the lights. Can we stay up and watch them where it's dark?" I smiled sadly and nodded, "sure, we can do that if you'd like." He turned his head towards me and gave me a big smile. I had stopped referring to Karl with his name cause he seemed to panic every time I would. He would then ask what my name was and when he forgot it two seconds later and asked me again I felt distraught.

I wonder how my parents are doing, I mean, it's been a couple of days since we left and they're probably worried sick. Not to mention I didn't even leave a note. Bad's probably pacing in the kitchen rambling about all the reasons we would've left and all the possibilities we could've died. And Skeppy would be comforting him while worrying the exact same thing in his head.

I know cause this happened when I was twelve. Snuck out with George and Him. We went to watch the sunset from the treetops. I cane back to find my parents sitting on the couch, Bad crying his eyes out and Skeppy with damp eyes, holding his husband. I was washed over with so much regret I didn't leave their side for about maybe a week.

My mind now wanders to how Karl's mom and twin brother feel. She's probably worried sick, I mean she never paid much attention to him anyways but it wasn't like she neglected him either, not like what Philza did to Tommy. And his brother, the good one, not Him; was probably looking for him as well. They were inseparable years ago. Karl would just cling to
Him and never let go. I smiled and looked up at him.

A boy who was once filled with happiness and laughter, now reduced to a mildly happy individual who couldn't tell you his own name. And in that moment I let myself go once more, crying silently as tears fell from my eyes, hands covering my mouth as to not let sobs escape. But inevitably, I was unsuccessful.

Karl turned around to presumably say something, probably talking about the lights again, or his rings; when he noticed me. "What's wrong?" He asked, slowly moving himself out of his seat. "Did I do something?" I shook my head, "you didn't do anything, you're fine." "Then why're you crying?" He asked, cocking his head to the side, his beautiful brunette curls falling to the side. "Memories." I replied.

Karl nodded and sat next to me on the couch. "My memories bother me too. I can't remember anything and I feel bad all the time. But I just like to push my attention to the things I do know, and what I like. Like my ring, I don't know who gave them to me but they make me feel happy and loved. I like the lights because they're always there to help you see you're way through the dark. And you, you help me when I feel sad. You can talk to me whenever, I may not remember, but I'm always here. I'm not gonna leave you alone. Ever." Karl cupped my cheek with his hand and wiped away my tears with his thumb as I continued to sob.

I kept crying, eventually Karl pulled me closer to him into a hug and I held onto him as if he was my life force. "I love you." I mumbled into his shoulder. "Huh?" "I love you," I repeated. He leaned his head against mine and whispered, "I love you too."

/\/\/\/\/\
Word count: 850