Chapter 3

No of course not, Mello is my best friend. I don't feel that way about him and he doesn't feel like that either. We are just friends. He treats me and Matt the same, that doesn't mean he has a crush on Matt as well.

I try to ignore my thoughts as he sits on the other side of me, Matt is no longer in the middle. "What snack did you get?" I ask. "Oh here" says Mello as he hands me a bag of chips. I open it and we all share it together. We sit and actually pay attention to the movie until it's over. Matt then looks at Mello and tells him to check the time. It's 6pm. "Let's go!" he says and they both get up. I get up to and they tell me to sit back down. "Why?" I ask. "Because" Matt replies, I don't bother any further questioning and do as he says. "We'll be back soon don't worry y/n" Mello says.

They leave and I just while admiring my ring and stuffy, these boys really do know me, these gifts are perfect. Well of course they do! We've been best friends since the day I first arrived at Wammy's, 7 years ago. The door begins to open and I hear one of the boys yell "Y/n, close your eyes!" and I do.

"Open them!" they say together. I open them and I see a birthday cake decorated with flowers that are my favourite colour and thirteen candles waiting for me to blow them out. I can't stop smiling. Then I hear them to start to sing happy birthday to me while I try to not laugh, my friends are the most adorable. I blow out all the candles except one on my first try. "Haha y/n has one boyfriend, I wonder who it is" Matt says winking at me. I roll my eyes at him and blow out the last candle.

Mello cuts each of us a slice and hands it to us. "Thanks you guys, again. By the way, who made this cake?" I ask. "We asked the ladies in the cafeteria to the other day" Matt says. How could I be so lucky to have friends like these? "Oh that reminds me, we should go to the cafeteria, it's dinner time" Mello reminds us.

After Dinner

After dinner we head back to the Mello and Matt's room and just hang out some more. Around 11:30pm Matt starts to get sleepy, both you and Mello notice that and start to talk a little quieter until you decide you should go to your room as well. Before I leave and before Matt falls asleep I thank the boys for giving you the best birthday I  could ever ask for. Matt then falls asleep and you and Mello both laugh. "Matt must've had a long day, he's usually the last one to fall asleep" Mello quietly laughs. I get up and Mello follows you to the door. "Goodnight Mels" you say while hugging him. "Goodnight y/n" he replies while hugging you back. I walk out the door and he closes it.

While walking back to my room I  pass by Near's and see that he's still up working on a puzzle. He waves at me and I wave back. "Y/n come here" he says. I come inside and he gives me something before I can look at it he says "It's 11:58, technically still your birthday, Happy Birthday y/n" while giving me a soft smile. I look at what he's given you and it's a drawing of the two of us. Near has always been very good at making things.

"I love it Near!" I say as you go to hug him. He doesn't return the hug but he accepts it, that's just how Near is and there's nothing wrong with it. "Thank you" I say and he replies with his usual emotionless voice with a "you're welcome".  Near then asks "Do you wanna play puzzles now?" which I obviously accept. We build a 1000 piece single colour puzzle in no time. Well we are both geniuses, especially Near so it obviously didn't take very long.

I yawn and Near notices and tells me that I should go to sleep. I tell him goodnight and thank him for the drawing and go back to my room.

Once I get into your room I put your gifts on my bed and start unlacing my converse and put them in front of your closet. I  change into my pjs and sit on my bed and look at my gifts. I put the Daisy on your night stand and place her right next to my lamp. Then I take the drawing of myself and Near and put it on the wall next to my desk. I look at the ring once more and put that on my night stand too, this will help remind me to put it back on the second I wake up.

I turn off my lights and crawl into bed.
Today really was the best birthday I have ever had and I wish it wasn't over. Once again I think about what Matt said earlier about how Mello obviously has a crush on me. That's something I rather not think about tonight and shake the thought out of my head. Right now all I want is to think about the sweet dreams I would have tonight because today was amazing. I then close my eyes and fall asleep faster than normal.

to be continued....