Chapter 3

Meredith was sitting at the bar with Amelia and Cristina, who looked extremely cozy.

"Are you two together or something?" She asked them, slightly confused.

"We're just having a good time." They both replied as they exchanged secretive glances.

Meredith figured there was something more to that, but decided to ignore it when Alex and Jackson joined them. She honestly really didn't care if they were together or not, she guessed they would be cute, she just didn't want to be a third wheel.

"Hey Grey, can I buy you a drink?" Jackson asked, clearly trying to hit on her.

"Screw it, as long as I don't have to be a third wheel anymore I'm down. Straight tequila please."

"Straight tequila? Really? I would have pegged you for a fruity drink girl."

"Well I suggest you stop trying to peg me in general"

"Oh c'mon Grey, give me a chance!"

"Look Jackson, you actually seem like a decent guy, but I'm really not interested in trying to start anything with a coworker."

"Who said anything about starting something? This isn't a marriage proposal Grey, I just want to have a good time y'know? Think of it as a good stress reliever after long, shitty days of being an intern."

Jackson had definitely peaked Meredith's interest and she definitely wouldn't mind having a friend with benefits for some stress relief, but she couldn't help but feel like something was holding me back. She looked up at him and back over at Amelia and Cristina, who were practically eating each other's faces. Well that answers that question, ultimately making Meredith a permanent third wheel when it comes to the trio. "We'll see" Meredith smirked as she looked back up at Jackson who was looking at her rather seductively. All of a sudden Amelia pulled away from Cristina, clearly remembering they were in public. Soon after, Dr. Shepherd, Sloan, and Montgomery walked into Joe's Bar. Meredith immediately locked eyes with him, but he quickly looked away, the coziness of Amelia and Cristina grabbing his attention.

"Shit..." I heard Amelia whisper, "Cris I should go, I'll see you later." She said, quickly walking passed her brother and exiting the bar.

"That was weird..?" Meredith heard Dr. Montgomery say to Dr. Shepherd and Sloan. "Amy didn't even stop to say hi."

"Hey, you know what guys, I think I'm going to head out too. See you at home Mer." Cristina said, bringing her attention back to the group.

"Okay, bye Cris" Meredith replied, nodding knowingly. Now it was just Meredith and Jackson at the bar since Alex was off playing darts with a bunch of nurses. Jackson took this as his cue to up his flirting game. He came closer to Meredith and started whispering things into her ear, nibbling on it at the same time.

"You look extremely sexy tonight, Grey. What do you say we head back to my place, this place is starting to empty out anyways..."

Meredith really, really, really tried to say no, but he is so fucking gorgeous that she just couldn't. Plus, he looks like he'd be good and a one night stand never hurt anyone, right? "Let's go" Meredith replied quietly. He grabbed her hand as he lead her out of the bar, but not before she looked back feeling someone's angry stare on her. Meredith locked eyes with Derek Shepherd once again, but looked away just as quickly, feeling slightly nervous after noticing how he was staring at her and Jackson. She left the bar feeling slightly confused from the night's events, but continued on with Jackson and tried to enjoy herself.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Hey Shep, what the hell has gotten into you? We're here to have a good time, I'm sure Amy just had a bad day. I'll check in on her tomorrow, and see if she's alright. Now drop the scowl and lets play some darts." Mark said, clearly mistaking the source of Derek's anger. Addison on the other hand, didn't miss the way Derek had been looking at the blonde intern since he entered the bar, but chose to keep it to herself as she was pleasantly surprised that someone had managed to grab Derek's attention.

Derek tried to calm himself down so that he could focus on his game of darts with Mark, but he was seething with anger. Not only was he confused by Amy's actions and the fact that she practically ran out of the bar after seeing him, he had become extremely pissed off with how close Avery had gotten to Meredith. He could hardly control himself after seeing her leave the bar with him.

Authors Note:
Alright, here's the third chapter. I switched to a more narrative point of view to try and see if I liked it better than 1st person. Let me know what you guys prefer. Also I promise this is a MerDer story, I'm just trying to increase Derek's jealousy and add some drama lol. Thanks for reading!