VII. Head And Heart

𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢.

Liam and I separated from each other after hearing a stick breaking. We follow the sound to see Nate.

"Sorry. I am so sorry, I am-sorry..." He says looking sad and walking away from us. I look at him a little more than I should have.

"You okay?" Liam asks me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I strike him a smile while taking his hands in mine. "Thank you, Liam."

"For what?"

"For being always there for me. For being so amazing-" he stare into my eyes to continue the sentence, but I don't know how... "Thank you for everyt-."

"Wait." He interrupts me and I look at him confused. He put a bracelet on my hand and I look at it smiling.

 He put a bracelet on my hand and I look at it smiling

"Nathan and Haley's bracelet." I meet his eyes. "So you listen to me after all."

"Don't say I never gave you anything." He winks at me. "Now you can thank me for everything." We laugh and just look at each other for couple of moments. All I can think about is how fast the things change...

"It's getting late." I notice.

"Yeah." He confirms looking at the rising sun. "I will walk you to your cabin. You need to sleep, we have a lot of work to do, boss." He pushes me playfully while we walk. "That's your stop, miss Mendes." I stand in front of the door.

"Thank you." I smile at him and we just stay like that - uncomfortable... We both don't know what to do, what we are and apperantly no one wants to make the first move.

"Fuck it!" Liam says, then grabs my face and kisses me.

He stops and we smile at each other, still face to face. We kiss again more passionately, while entering in the cabin and Liam pulling off my jacket.

"Huh-huh." We hear a cough coming from Caitlyn to notice her. "Not that I am not happy for you, but I definitely don't want to watch that." We laugh.

"And definitely I don't want to either." Jax says from the other side of my best friend's bed.

"Oh." I say.

"Yep." Jax replay while at the meantime Liam and Caitlyn make a whatever is that weird handshake.

"Soo.. where's Mitchie?" I try to break the ice.

"Right here!" She answers from the kitchen coming to us, covering her eyes. Caitlyn pull them down.

"Okay.. since it can't get anymore awkward.." I start. "Let's go to our beds and get some sleep, huh?" They all nod. "Good night, Liam." I smile at him and give him a goodbye kiss. "Or morning?" He laughs.

"Sweet dreams, Selly." He kisses my cheek. "You too, Cait." And he leaves the cabin.

"Jax. You, too." I clap my hands. "Get out!"

"Sorry, dear cousin, but I am not your guest." Jax says putting his hands behind his head. "I will stay here as long as-" Caitlyn pushes him on the floor.

"Sorry, love, you heard the boss." She tells smiling and my cousin turns to me.

"You're a bad influence, cousin, bad influence." He laughs and then kiss Caitlyn on the lips and me on my forehead. "Sleep well, my two favourite girls." He turns off the lights and closes the door exiting.

"I am still here, too. Good night you, too, boys." Mitchie yells from her bed and we laugh.

After seconds we all fall asleep...

***

After hours, I wake up and turn my phone to see the time.

"3:41 pm? What?" My eyes go big and fastly put some clothes on and rush to the cafeteria. Can't believe I am running again... I open the door, greeting "Hey, guys!" But the guys were only Jason, Barron and Sander. What? Where are everybody?

"Hey, look! Selena's here. Yeah." Sander says worried. "Our lovely Selena."

"Something is happening. What is it?" I ask suspicious, looking at every each of them.

"Nothing serious." Sander answers. He doesn't tell me the truth, so I move to Barron.

"A lot of things happen now. Like the rotation of the Earth, the death of some person, the birth of new baby... 'Vikings' on history channel... the gr-" I roll my eyes at Barron who exhales quietly and move to Jason.

"Hi, Jason!" I smile at him.

"Hi, SM!" He returns nervously.

"You will tell me the truth, right? I mean that's in the Broath, you know?" Jason looks down while Barron and Sander seem confused.

"The Broath?" Sander asks.

"It's the Bro Code by the great Barney Stinson, bless his name!" Jason write a B on his heart side. The two boys look at him even more confused.

"Yes. And in Article 76, he says that a bro always has his bro back."

"She's right. I should tell her." Jason tells. "It's-"

"Wait, wait, wait." Barron stops him. "She's a girl, she can't be a 'bro'." Sander looks at him amazed that he thought of this.

"Op, op, op - Article 77." She smiles. "A girl can be a bro only if she's the only girl present with the bros, not related or dating any of them, being accepted by all of them and agrees and abides by all bro codes. Other words, ME!" I point at myself, leaving Barron and Sander speechless and Jason proud. "So I am listening, Jason."

"There's a fight next to the Jam stage." My eyes go bigger. "Nate and Liam..."

After that I immediately run to there. I see all my friends trying to stop them, but they couldn't, they are much stronger than them. The battlefield moves at the other side of the camp and I move closer to Liam and Nate.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I yell and them angry.

"Ask him." Liam tells and pushes him. I see a car coming on the road with high speed. "Because he's not thinking about anyone but himself." He pushes him again, but this time Nate fall on the road.

"NATE!" I scream and run to him pushing him off the road.

Then everything become black....
_______________________________________

Hey, beautiful people! Sorry for the long wait of the story. I had things to manage of my own, but now I am ready to be back.

PS: There are just a couple of chapters until the end of the book and YOU are THE ONE who can DECIDE what it will be. Share with me in the comments! 😉❤️