chapter 7

"dude, it's too deep." jj disagrees. "oh, for the weak and feeble, jj.." john b taunts, whilst pulling the bowline out of the compartment.

as kiara pulls the anchor from the compartment. "well, me and nat aren't resuscitating you. i'm just making that clear up front." jj says sarcastically.
"got that right, poppet." i laugh.

poppet and blondie are the two nicknames i have for jj. he was fine with blondie, but he "hates" when i call him poppet. his face always goes red and he tries not to smile or smirk. but i think we all know he secretly loves it.

"hey, don't call me that!" he says, voice cracking as his cheeks turn a red colour. "that's fine, cos i don't need resuscitating." john b says.

"john b-" kie starts but was cut off by me. "diver down, fool." i laugh. "diver down." john repeats. "yeah, he is!" jj laughs before shoving john b into
the water. "jj!" kiara shouts at him. "what?!" he replies. "relax, guys. he'll be fine." i reassure them.

we had all been waiting for john b for at least two minutes now but it felt like a lifetime. all of us were hovering over the boat looking around for him.

jj kept a tight hold of me making sure i don't jump in to make sure john b was okay, which i was very tempted to do before he grabbed me.

"should we go get him-" pope says in a worried tone, until john b's head popped out of the water the second he said it. john b starts coughing and spluttering water out everywhere.

"oh, my god. that took forever!" kiara exaggerates. "ah, jeez. any dead bodies?" pope laughs. "i actually started to worry." i said, trying to be nice for once.

"looting potential?!" jj asks excitedly. "no, no. i found this motel key." john b shows us the dirty and rusty key.

"uh- a key." pope says disappointedly. "yes, a key, pope." john b repeats sarcastically. "great, we salvaged a motel key." jj rolls his eyes. "definitely, wasn't worth the hassle." i agree with him.

"guys, we should report the wreck to the coastal guards maybe we'll get a finder's fee." kiara tells us.
"yeah, and not work all summer.." jj agrees.

"thanks, agatha. ya bitch!" i laugh.

time skip

we were on our way to the porthole, to try report
the boat to a coast guard. we were all walking along the docks silently until loud chattering was heard and m a big group of people were stood around.

"she doesn't need to talk to a coastguard it's a dog, how about hummane society?" a man shouts.

"he's diabetic! he's a- he's a diabetic!" a woman screams back. "a dog- no, i understand that." the coast guard responds to the woman.

"what the hells going on?" kiara says confusedly. "what's with this crazy lady?" i point at the woman shouting about a diabetic dog.

"not a clue.." jj laughs, wrapping his arm around me. "excuse me! excuse me. hey, man, we- we found a boat-" john b tries to get the guards attention.

"please..." the dog woman cuts off john b. "you're gonna wanna hear this." john b continues.

"hey! calm down." the coast guard shouts back at john b, shoving his hand in his face.

"canine diabetes is very..." the woman continues. "oh, my gosh! diabetes for a dog?" a random man shouts back at her, and i honestly completely agree with him. "it is so true!" she shouts.

me and jj started picking up singular cigarettes out of a huge box of them, sneaking them into our pockets. john b walks towards us both, snatches my them all out of our hands.

i tried to get some more again, but he smacked the back of my hand. once he finally walked away, me and jj smirked at each other and shoved them all back into our pockets.

"well that went well-" he taunts as the three of us walk towards him and kiara. "so, what's the plan?" jj asks. "come on, guys. even i already know the plan and he hasn't said it yet." i shake my head.

"i know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat-" john b starts. "no, no. we don't know whose room that is. it could be anyone." pope cuts him off.

"i'm in!" jj agrees. swiping the motel key out of john b's hand, throwing them to me.

"me too. come on, it'll be fun." i try to convince pope. "we'll be lookout." kiara tells him. "finder's fee. just sayin' and, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice.
"man!" pope says, giving in. finally.

"come on, poppet." i called to pope, although it was technically jj's nickname. he scowled at me. "hey! that's my nickname." jj says in an annoyed tone.

"thought cha' didn't like it." i tease, i told you he secretly likes it. "that's my nickname, hmph." he says pointing in pope's face and glaring at him, having a tantrum like a child.

as we approached the motel, jj whistled loudly. "i thought the chateau looked bad." he groans. "this place is a shitshow." john b agrees.

"motel or meth lab?" i say sarcastically. "you be the judge." kiara replies. "doesn't look like a place somebody with a grady-white stays." john b admits.

"no, looks like a place someone with a grady-white would get killed." pope deadpans.

"alright, here we go." jj starts talking in a weird "captain" voice. "this is your captain speaking hms coming in for landing." he continues, then jumped of the boat onto the grass thinking he looked cool or something.

"that just made you look like an idiot." i laugh at him. "who?" jj asks. "you." i shake my head at him. "asked!" he shouts back. "HEY! that's a british thing. that's MY thing!" i shout jumping off the boat and chasing him.

"we good?" john b says as jj ties off the boat. "yeah, we good." jj replies. "alright here goes nothing." john b sighs.

"yay!" i was honestly kind of excited. "hey." pope says to john b. "yeah?"

"don't let them do anything stupid." he replies pointing to me and jj as he leans him arm on my shoulder. "okay you're taller than me, we get it." i roll my eyes at jj.

"oh, we will!" jj winks at pope. "i'm not making any promises." john b tells him. "yeah, i know." pope smiles sympathetically to john b.

"hey! we aren't that bad." i shout to pope. "uh, be careful" kiara says to john b as he gives her a weird look. "i mean it." she continues in a serious tone. me and jj shared a look, smirking.

"aha, yeah." he chuckles nervously. "okay! you two can have sex later!" i shout trying to break up the awkwardness.

"let's go." john b says smacking me and jj on our shoulders, ignoring my sarcastic comment.

sorry, it's sorta another short chapter, it is only around 1,200 words but i promise the next chapter will be good. this chapter wasn't the best but i'll definitely try make the next one longer. i hope you're all enjoying the story so far, i'll start the next chapter later or tomorrow! happy reading <3