chapter 11

time skip.

we were all on our way to the boneyard to host the
kegger. me and pope carrying about a thousand red plastic cups, kiara was holding the pump and john b and jj were carrying the kegger.

"tally-ho." john b says. "ay up." jj responds. as soon as the pump is screwed onto the kegger, that's when you know the party has started.

"who wants a squirt of beer?" jj asks excitedly. "me. duh." i answer. but jj being jj obviously didn't shoot the pump anywhere near my mouth, instead he squirted it right in my eyes.

"that's not the only white stuff jj's gonna be squirting on your face tonight is it, natalie?" john b snorts. i gasp i'm shock. "fuck off, john b. did you and kie end up having sex on those mouldy mattresses by the motel? " i retorted.

"oh shit!" pope yells excitedly, continuing to sip his drink as kiara and jj sniggered quietly. "sorry, natalie." jj says, whilst giggling. "you've caused all this, jay!" i yell at him, jokingly.

"i can promise you he will not be sq-" i pause, "he will not be putting anything near my face tonight." i finish. "you sure about that, my love?" jj smirks, winking at me.

idiot.

*time skip*

the busier the boneyard got, the more we all blended in. which is exactly what we wanted.

"yo, what's up, homie?" john b says, passing the guy a drink as he walks up to us both at the kegger.

"what's up, man?" he answers. "hey, natalie!" he adds. "hiya!" i reply smiling at him.

you can't understand the outer banks without understanding the boneyard. it's kinda like a three layer burrito. there's us and our friends, the working class derelicts from the cut.

and then, there are the kooks, the rich second-homers. they're mostly from poncey-ass boarding schools, just rich trustafarian posers. our natural enemies.

and then, there are the tourons. totally clueless. here for a week on vacation with their families. chum for the sharks. and that's all really.

john b had left me in charge to do the drinks alone, after he went off with some blonde chick. some guy walked up to me that i didn't recognise.

he was one hundred percent a pogue though, i could tell just from what he was wearing, but i hadn't ever seen him before. he did however know me, though.

"hey, natalie." he says. "hi sorry, do i know you?" i ask. "oh yeah, i'm friends with john b and jj, oh and pope too. "oh really? i've never seen you hang round with them before." i reply, filling a cup with beer for him.

"yeah, we mostly talk in school." he tells me. "mm, right okay." i answer. it didn't really make any sense.

i didn't recognise him and i'm always with the pogues now, i've never seen him in school either, well for the few weeks i was there with them, atleast.

"so, wanna go on a lil walk down the beach, maybe get outta here." he smirks at me. "um, well the thing is-" i start, until jj comes and grabs me from behind.
"everything alright, nat?" jj asks looking at me.