chapter 14

"this is empty. you took empty tanks?" i ask him as pope stops the boat, around about where we saw the wreck the day before. "i.." john b stutters, shrugging.

"this one's a quarter full. it's enough for one of us." kie says as she checks the last tank. "love it when a plan comes together." pope says sarcastically.

"does anybody know how to dive?" kiara asks us. the silence and shrugs answered her own question, "anybody?" she asks annoyedly. "it's kind of a kook sport.." jj says shrugging at her.

"i.. read about it." pope stutters. "great, pope read about it, so someone's gonna die." i sigh. "look
y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe.
how hard could it be?" jj asks.

"well if you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood and you get the bends." pope explains. "bends like, bend over and.." jj giggles bending over onto me, making me laugh. "the bends kill you." pope deadpans.

"look- i can dive, i used to swim a lot. i could try to do it?" i offer. "no you're not doing it, nat." jj says. "since when can you dive?" kiara asks me. "i'll do it, it's fine." i say. "no. you're not." jj disagrees.

"let me do some calculations real quick." pope says. "she's not doing it guys." jj tells them. "yes, i am." i roll my eyes at him. "no- you know what i'll do it," john b offers.

"yeah you can dive, i'm cool with that." jj smiles, happy he got his own way. i rolled my eyes at him and started listening to pope explain his calculations to john b. "so make your safety stop at about.. ten feet." pope tells him.

i pulled the shirt i was wearing over my head to reveal my bikini and keeping the shirt in my hand,
i jumped straight into the water.

*kiara's pov*

"uhh.." john b says. "what was that all about?" pope asks. "i don't know, but i liked it. a lot." pope pulled
a face of jealousy and john b coughed to change the subject.

i rolled my eyes and followed natalie, taking my shirt off too and jumping into the water.

i noticed natalie tying her shirt at what seemed around ten feet down, so i swam further down and tied mine.

although natalie is my bestfriend and i love her, i am seriously so jealous of her, and yes apparently pope likes or liked me, john b too but i know they only like me because they think they have no chance with natalie because of jj.

*natalie's pov*

as i tied my shirt about ten feet down so john b could make his safety stop. i noticed kie tying her shirt further down for no reason whatsoever so i just swam back up.

"i tied my shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down, okay? that's where you need to do your safety stop." i explain, climbing back onto the boat. "okay, thanks." he smiles.

"be careful, jb." i say, walking up to him and kissed him on the cheek as i hugged him. "i will don't worry," he says giving me the most unbothered
smile he could probably make out.

as i sat down i could imagine what pope's and jj's faces looked like. "cool.." jj spoke to himself but also me at the same time, annoyedly. i couldn't dare look up at either of them, i wasn't trying make them jealous..