Ch 7- Love and Letters

Choi Areumin

On the first day of the third week of June, the letter I've been anticipating to receive, finally came

It was placed on top of my table and, it was inside an envelope with the address written on the back.

And beside my treasured letter from Asahi, there was a little note on a piece of ripped parchment saying:

"I placed it immediately on your table when the letters came because if your mom or your dad sees this, they'll kill you, especially if they knew that it was a Japanese guy who was writing to you.

With lots of love,

-Yoshi"

I chuckled at his little note and with shaky hands and my hammering heartbeat out of excitement, I rushed to open the letter that I've always been waiting for

Even his handwriting is perfect.

I read the first few words and couldn't help but throw myself at my bed and muffle my screams in my pillows for a few repeated times.

After I've finished reading the letter, I read it multiple times again, until I've memorized even the way he dotted his I's and lined his T's.

When I was done going crazy with it, I carefully hid it in my closet, taking into consideration of the earlier warnings from Yoshi.

Then finally, when I've been brought back to my senses, I mustered up the courage and wrote a response letter to him.

Not having a usual pen like what I used back in 2021, It took me time to get used to the quill and the bottle of ink that was available.

I wasted a few parchments and spilled about half a bottle of ink while writing my response to him, in hopes that I'd get it perfect just like his letter.

I only realized that I didn't know a single thing about sending letters here when I already finished writing the letter.

Having no choice, I called out for Yoshi.

"Why do you call during the worst times, I was watching my favorite drama!" he complained, brows slightly furrowed.

"I'm sorry, Yoshi but could you possibly deliver this for me?" I asked him nicely, widely smiling at him.

"Was that all?" He said when he re-appeared in front of me, after disappearing for a few minutes

"Did you deliver it already? That quickly?" I asked, once again amazed by how he had already mastered his powers

"Yes, why is that so surprising?" he added the last few words after he saw my fazed expression

"Did you see him? What was he doing?" I asked out of curiosity, I haven't seen him for a while, I was getting a bit worried about how he has been

"Yeah, he was writing, as usual." he briefly answered, already getting the hint from his short and brief answers, I politely dismissed him so he could continue watching his favorite drama

"Hmm, okay. Thanks a lot though, you can go watch your drama now," I bid him goodbye, he merely nodded.

The reading letters and writing replies with a persistent smile on my face continued until the second week of July.

I've called Yoshi about a few times to deliver letters for me, some at the wrong timing and some not.

While I, being inexperienced about this type of courting, always felt like I was in cloud 9 every time I receive letters from him.