Chapter 5

Percy POV

This is not good. I hid the secret for 16 years for crying out loud and after one day at Goode Annabeth almost finds out??? Telling her would be putting both of us in danger and who knows who she would tell as well. 

Gabe was in the other bedroom snoring loudly and for the first time in a  while I allowed myself to believe the possiblity of falling asleep without hearing that sound. 

At around 11 at night I heard the familiar click of the door that I stay awake just to hear. My mom. Sally Jackson. The best person in the world. 

I threw on a shirt that was crumpled up on the floor so she wouldn't see the blood seeping through the bandages. She walked into my room and smiled that warm, carefree smile that always made me think that everything would be okay. 

She raised up a bag from the candy store and my eyes widened with excitement. 

We spent the next hour eating blue candy until there was none left. I wish I could give her my paycheck but I didn't have anything left. Gabe took it all. 

She said goodnight to me and tiptoed back into her room. 

The next morning sunlight streamed in through my window and a cold breeze followed it. I realized that I forgot to close it last night when I crawled in through it and shut it now. 

I put on a blue shirt and a green hoody over that, along with a pair of jeans and my sneakers. My mom was probably already at work or heading that way so I put some toast in the toaster for me and Gabe. Unfortunately when Gabe walked into the kitchen he took all of it and left none for me.

I pressed my lips together and sighed inwardly. The clock read 7:40 and I headed out before I missed the bus. 

At school Thalia and Nico's group of friends were all huddled up near the entrance and waved to me when I walked in. 

"Perce! How's it going man?" Jason asked and clapped a hand on my back. I winced and so did Annabeth, just watching. "Oh sorry. Did that hurt?"

A few members of the group eyed me with concerned expressions. 

"Nah, I'm good, just a bruise" I said brushing it off with a grin.

---

Seven hours later I was sprinting out of the school just like I had the day before. I ran to my job that started immediately and tied my apron in a hurry. 

I grabbed a notebook and some menu's and headed to the nearest table. 

"Hi, my name is Percy and I'll be----" I started before I was cut off

"Percy???" I turned around and saw everyone from school in the doorway. 

"Just a second" I told the family i was waiting on before meeting up with my friends.

"Hey guys what are you doing here?" I asked them

"My Dad's producer's friend's uncle owns this place. We thought we'd come check it out. We were going to ask you to come with but you left before we could!" Piper exclaimed.

"oh... I see. In that case, take a seat wherever you want!"

A/N: Sorry for not updating very often. School's been hectic.

Please go follow my insta account: @greekdivergents

I will literally love you forever!

Comment, vote, follow, share, etc!

Thanks!