Chapter 4

Annabeth

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Percy was pale and his eyes were unfocused. Blood was seeping through his green shirt. He was drifting in and out.

I took out my phone and heard a sound from Percy

"What was that?" I asked him softly. I kneeled down next to him.

"Don't call... 911... Please... I'm... Okay" he whispered with laboured breathing and coughed

"Percy I have too" I pleaded

"No... Please"

I forced myself to nod and sighed. I sat beside him and asked how I could help. He told me he had bandages in his pocket. I knew from that moment that this wasn't the first time this happened.

I slowly took his shirt off without hurting him and tried to keep myself from blushing. I bandaged the wounds the best that I could. I realized that the marks seemed like... Whip marks. But they couldn't be. Could they? Nobody deserved that and it couldn't happen to percy. It just couldn't.

I tried not to get any dirt in his wounds, hoping to not get them infected, but I doubted I succeeded. He needed medical attention.

I left Percy to rest and stayed by his side the whole time. When he woke up I pounced to his side.

"Percy! How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Thanks. Wait... Did you see my..."

"Your wounds? Yeah. Percy who's hurting you?" I asked concerned.

"I... I can't tell you that. I'm sorry. I want to... But I can't" I could tell how conflicted he was

"Okay. I'm here though, when your ready." I rubbed his arm

"Thanks" he whispered and climbed back into what i assumed was his room

I smiled and hoped that I helped.

A/N: hey sorry I was gone for so long!

Comment, vote, share, follow, etc!

Thanks!