𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

'Agatha, you really did a number didn't you?' sighs Ari opening her window

'Agatha, you really did a number didn't you?' sighs Ari opening her window. After a near sleepless night because of the violent hurricane outside her window. She thinks back to the surfing from last night and how fun it was.

She checks her phone for any texts from JJ but surprise, surprise there was no service. And in the bathroom, no hot water. Super. She thought to herself.

After dressing she made her way downstairs, ninety percent sure no one would be there but to her great surprise both her mother and father were sitting at the dinning room table, just drinking their coffees, eating some fruit. 

'Good Morning, family,' she says grabbing herself a plate. 

'Morning sweetheart,' says her mom, ' did you sleep alright?'

'Well, Agatha banged on my window all night, so not exactly,' she replies stuffing fruit in her mouth.

'You should take it easy today then, hopefully our generators will kick in any minute and the air con will come back on,' says her father.

'And the wifi?' asks Ariella.

'Around the same time probably,' he says.

'Awesome,' she says. The table is quiet as everyone eats their breakfast. Suddenly a loud bang shakes the entire house. Ari looks at her parents half shocked.

'Generators,' grumbles her father.

Suddenly lights come back on, air con turns back on and the world is back to normal. After a normal breakfast at the Wright household, silent and awkward, Ari stands up to clear her plate.

'Hey mom can I go to Sarah's?' asks Ari.

Her mother takes a second to register that Ari has spoken to her, she puts her coffee cup down and looks at her watch, 'yes of course darling! But be careful driving, there's debris all over, its a mess out here.'

'Thanks mom!' she exclaims happily. She kisses her parents on their cheeks and goes upstairs to finish grab a swimsuit and her car keys and is out the door. Still no service she decides not to wait for a text from JJ.

Just getting out of the driveway was a tricky thing. Her mother was right, driving was sure to be nightmare.

It took Ari half an hour rather than ten minutes to drive to Tannyhill. When her car drove through the main gates she saw trees and trees everywhere. Agatha really hit the outer banks hard. She parked her car and walked to the house, looking for Sarah.

This house was a maze. Even bigger than her parent's house. She walked up the stairs spotting Rose on the balcony but no Sarah.

'Hey Rose!' she exclaimed.