𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Ariella felt like she was walking on cloud nine when JJ had left that evening

Ariella felt like she was walking on cloud nine when JJ had left that evening. It had been a completely harmless and innocent evening but it made her giddy.

She had watched the dust settle in the driveway before going back indoors and closing her balcony doors. She changed into her pyjamas and went down to make herself some dinner.

On the other side of the island JJ felt just as happy. He had been smiling all the way home and was glad that his father wasn't home otherwise there would have been way too many questions. Thankfully, when he had returned he had found that his phone was finally received at least some service.

That night, both Ariella and JJ were desperately waiting for a text from each other but it never came. Oh young love, how difficult it was.

The next morning, JJ woke up to a text from Pope asking about John B and Kie's adventure the previous day. No one had really heard from them since they had left them at Redfield Lighthouse. His eyes still tired from sleep JJ texted Pope back that he hadn't heard anything.

Deep down, he had a bad thought that maybe they got in trouble. He got up and found the house as empty as he had found it the previous night.

He wasn't worried, his father was a pice of shit and he was glad to see as little as possible of him.

He got on his bike and made his way over to the Chateau to check on John B. He was his best friend and he hated worrying about him. When he got there he found that John B was staring deeply at the board with his family ancestors.

'All good man?' he said dropping on the couch next to John B.

'More or less,' he replied, 'got fired, got an electrical shock, all in all it's a surprise I'm still alive.' He then looked at JJ with his puppy eyes. There's a couple moments of silence before JJ asks about Kie.

'Any idea where she might be?'

'Her parents probably have her locked up or working at the restaurant,' he replies still staring at the board.

'Umm,' grumbled JJ. He pulled out a joint and lit it, 'did you want a hit of this?'

'I prefer to keep the signal clear, thanks very much,' said John B.

'Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative then -' said JJ before John B cut him off.

'Look, I-- I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And wrong about everything else going on. But I-- I was right about one thing,' said John B.

'Yes that's all public knowledge, thanks for the update man,' said JJ sarcastically. 'So what's this one thing you were right about?'

'My dad is trying to tell me something,' he said as if he was a novelist letting his readers hand on his every words.