Chapter 18 Part of My Life

Zane's P.o.V 

Silence. There was nothing more. No word said. Altough I am with my friends, or what is left of them, i feel loonly. "Hey does anyone have homework?", Kai asked the first question on that day. "We had homework?", Skylor asked back. "Yes. Ive got it", I answered and pulled the physics book out of my bag. I gave it too Kai, who opend it and started copy my questions. Skylor set next to him and did the same thing. 

This is why I feel loonely. I am the only one who ever takes responsebility. I mean it is just homework, but it starts there. I always have my homework and I can't really understand how you can't make it. Well, I have always been the "weird" one, although i wouldn't say that diffrent is weird. I mean Kai can be responsibile and Skylor also, much more thatn her boyfriend, but it seems to have taking a dive. I remember when Kai and Skylor weren't a couple. She always had her homework, but ever since they are together, Syklor acts much more like Kai. 

On the surface you wouldn't think Kai and I are best friends, since we have opposite sides when it comes to responsibility, but...wait...I take that back. Kai has responsibility, but only one certain subjects, mostly his sister. He feels responsibile for her every action. Since I have taken responsisbility for her one time, he thinks of my as a person, who you can trust. I eman I don't want to brag, but I have kept every secret that was told to me. 

"What about tomorrow?", Kai began: "We three in a group?" "Of course!", Skylor answered. "I can't", I answered. "What? Why?" "I have my internship at Borg Industries remember?"; I said. "Ah Yes! Forgot, than just me and Skylor." The bell rang and we decided to go inside. The entire day I knew that nobody wanted to touch the subject of eitehr Cole, Nya, Jay, Lloyd or...Harumi. 

The day went by fast and as it was time to got home, the two wished me luck and I arrived back home. I opend the door, to greet my father. "Hello Zane", he said to me. "Hi Dad, how's the new invention doing?" "Going pretty well, just needs some touch ups. How was school?", my father asked me. "Preatty normal as usual", I answered. "Glad to hear it", my father answered and he turned back to his invention. 

I went into my room and tried again to text Jay and I even tried to call him, but no reply. I sighed and looked out the window. Tomorrow I would be at my internship. I hope the two will do good without me. i sighed again: "Why can't it be normal again." 

Jay's P.o.V

I stood her. Right infront of a huge gate, with only a small lock. I grabbed the key from my pocket and put it into the lock and it worked. The huge gate opend and I went inside the huge garden. I closed the gate and saw the huge mansion. I walked along the stone path and came to the door. Again a small lock for the key. I opend the door and I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a huge couch and a huge tv. Som big windows decorated two of the walls and the cealing was five meters high. You felt like a little bug in the huge room. 

I looked through the room and saw a statue of Fritz Donegan, the old popular movie star in Ninjago. "Wow, my family was a huge fan of Fritz Donegan", I gasped: "I think that translated well to me." I laughed a little bit at my own joke, but the smile soon vanished and my face turned a little sad. "Should I have left them alone at the junk yard. They are propably worried and look for me." 

"No, they could have told me a long time ago that I was adopted", and I threw myself on to the huge couch. "Never felt such a comforttable couch", I said out loud. I looked onto the table, that was right next to the couch. "Hm", I thougth, as my eyes caught a book. I picked it up and read the title : "Cliff Gordon's Diary" "That is my fathers name", I thought: "Cliff Gordon." I started to open the book and read into it. 

Zane's P.o.V

I stood up early today, as I didn't want to be late for my first day at the internship. I took the bus to the city center and arrived at the huge Borg Tower. It has 100 floors and looks just amazing. I went inside of it and it was preatty full, with people checking out the new inventions. I went to one of the info centers. "Hello, my name ist Zane. I have an intership here", I asked politely. "Wait a second, I am going to call Mr. Borg"