EiGhtEeN

Aqsa's POV

I urged Iman like a possessed being to drive faster as we got closer to the house.
Something was terribly wrong and I could feel it almost as if it was a throbbing pain.
He pulled the car to an abrupt stop the moment we got into the compound and I saw someone being carried on a stretcher.

I blinked.
"Tisha!!!", I screamed as I pushed the car door open.

I skidded to a halt as soon as my eyes landed on a lady crying and running after the stretcher.

Nuriyyah.
I wiped my eyes to ensure I wasn't imagining or something.

What in the world was she doing here??!
I ran over to the back of the ambulance where Tish was being carried into.

Her blood stained dress got my knees to buckle unto the ground.

I felt someone kneel beside me slowly.
I looked up to find my boss' son staring at me with concern.

I shook my head as tears fell,"Don't tell me everything would be fine Iman.

"Aqsa..."

"Everything's not fine!"

I grabbed his shirt,"Did you see her?? Did you see the way her face was lifeless??? Did you see her blood stained dress?? Did you see the way I wasn't there for my cousin when she needed me the most??! Did you see?!!", I screamed.

I had never been so vulnerable like this all my life.
Never felt so vulnerable.

His tear stained face told me he understood my pain.
But no he didn't.
I was sure he didn't.
No one did.

He gave a solemn nod before moving away from me.

I wailed as I slowly leaned against his car and allowed gravity to lower me to the ground once again.

The ambulance moved out of the compound.

Iman walked over to me after speaking to one of the paramedics,"Let's go to the hospital. Your sister would be fine. InSha'Allah she will."

Not bothering to clean my tear stained face, I stood up and headed to the passenger seat of his car when Nuriyyah stalked over to me, eyes blazed in fury.

Not now.
I couldn't deal with this now.

"Nuriyyah I can explain...",she struck me hard on the face.

This definitely wasn't a slap.

"Explain what!!? Explain how you and your parents kept my sister captive all these years??!"

My eyes widened.
She wasn't getting it.

She screamed into my face,"Listen and listen good Aqsa. If anything. I mean ANY THING happens to my sister, consider yourself gone from this world."

"That's enough. Your sister is in a deadly situation as we speak and all you want to do right now is fight the one who has kept her safe all these months?", Iman asked calmly as he stepped in between us.

She glared at him, "You're right, I don't have time for this."
She walked over to her car and drove off furiously.

Iman and I got into the car and he zoomed off too.

My whole world was crumbling.

......

"Miss Aqsa Abdullah?", I looked up from where I sat in the hospital's waiting room and beholded a sight of three armed police officers.

"Yes?", I replied with dread.

One of the officers brought out his ID,"Israel Aderemi. Special Investigations Officer. You're under arrest."

I stood up abruptly,"For what offence??"

"For the kidnap and illegal hostage of Miss Durriyah Isa."

I scoffed.
"You guys got the wrong the person.  Durriyah is MY cousin!"

The female officer among them stepped forward,"You are advised to keep quiet as anything you say might be used against you in the court of law."

She took out an handcuff and moved towards me when........I woke up.

I sat up abruptly and realized I had fallen asleep in the waiting room.
The whole arrest shenanigan was just a dream.

"Alhamdulillah",I whispered over and over as I placed my hands on my heaving chest.

The doctors had been in the emergency room for six hours with no one coming out.

I would never forgive myself if Tish doesn't make it out alive.

Fresh tears gushed down my eyes as I remembered our days in University.

She was the crazier one back then.
Always picking a fight with whosoever tried to cheat her or me.

I smiled sadly as I remembered how she had helped me get out of my issue with the school's deadliest cultists back then.

I had refused to date one of the cult's members and he took it to his friends.
I was terrotized for days on campus until Tish decided the bullying and threats had to stop.

She challenged the leader of the cult to a fight on the school's football pitch.

She hadn't started to use the Niqab(Veil).
We were in our first year.

I had tried to talk her out of it but she firmly stated he and his "termites of terror"  wouldn't back off if they weren't taught a lesson.

She was a black belter alright.
But still, those guys wielded dangerous weapons.
How she had talked him out of not using a weapon for the fight, I did not know.

The whole school had heard about the duel so the football pitch was packed to the brim that fateful evening.

The fight was over in two minutes.
Apparently he fell unconscious immediately her fist connected with a vein.

Dude either underestimated her or didn't know she was a black belter.

But that fierce woman was gone now. I looked into her eyes everyday and all I ever saw were pain, sadness, and regrets.
.....
😭😭😭
Sorry for the sad chapters.
We're almost over that phase 😫♥️

Hit the comments section!🤸