The Boy Who Invented the Sky [2/2]

-Roughly 12 and a Half Years Ago Inside an Abandoned Art Studio-

The dark studio exists under the Circopian tent and seems to have had no visitors for many years... until recently... Two 9-year-old kids have made visiting the studio at late hours a part of their routine.

Solange and Milano are gathered in the largest room within the studio. The room has an extremely tall ceiling with towering shelves that are stacked with cans and buckets of paint of every color in the rainbow. The higher shelves are blanketed by decades of accumulated spider webs. The spacious room also has 10 long and skinny tables with stacks of empty canvases, pencils and other equipment.

Milano and Solange are on a stage area at the end of the room. They're cutting out shapes from pieces of paper, painting and attaching strings to them.

Solange cuts out the shape of a large cloud from a huge canvas sheet and attaches a string on it.

Solange: "Milano!! Check out my cloud! Is this accurate?"

She proudly holds her cloud up: "Fufufu!"

Milano, with splattered yellow paint on his face and clothes, is super concentrated as he paints giant zigzag shapes he's cutting out in yellow.

Solange pouts: "Oi... Milano! Look at my cloud! Look at it!"

Milano glances for a brief moment: "Oh. It's pretty. Hang it up next to the others."

Solange blushes and smirks: "Hehehe! I'm better at making clouds than you, aren't I?"

Milano, still heavily invested in his yellow zigzags: "Mhm."

Solange stands up and stretches deeply: "Aaaeehhhyy...!"

She gazes at their masterpiece so far. A wall painted in blue, paper clouds hanging on strings from the ceiling, drops of dark blue paint to imitate rain and paper crafted snowflakes decorating the surrounding area.

Solange to herself: "Hmmm... we already have a lot of clouds... where to hang this cloud...?"

Solange glances behind at Milano painting.

Solange: "Milano, how many clouds are there in the sky? We have like 26 here, are we almost done?"

Milano glances up: "Hm? There's an infinite number of clouds in the real sky."

Solange kinda pissed off: "Aaah whaaat!? Tch. I'll go get more strings from the storage room."

Milano stands up: "No need. We're only making a portion of the sky here. And I think I just finished the final edition of our masterpiece."

Solange glances at the yellow zigzags: "Oh? What are those?"

Milano: "Uh... To be honest... I don't know yet. But they also exist in the sky. They're like... cloud poo."

Solange looks disgusted and drops her cloud on the ground: "Wait... is rain just cloud pee then?"

Milano chuckles: "Hahaha... don't drop it on the floor, it'll get dirty."

Solange picks it up: "Oh! Sorry!"

The dirty floor colors one side of the cloud grey.

Solange: "Ah crap. You were right, it's messed up now. I'll clean it, don't worr-"

Milano's eyes widen: "NO!"

Solange is startled for a moment: "Eh?"

Milano relaxes a little: "I mean... no. Keep it grey. I like it. I think the sky has grey clouds too."