Chapter 52

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's Dress + Jewelry ^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

We arrived at the ball. I was nervous as h*ll not going to lie. I thought I was going to die through hyperventilation. I'm probably the most powerful person there. I'm not bragging but I'm loaded. I will be getting my crown for the Russian Mafia, French Mafia, Irish Mafia, CEO of Diamonds and Co, and CEO of Koko Krystal's Cafe/ Assassination. All my secrets were about to be revealed, in the span of a 6-hour ball. Was I prepared? F*ck no! Although I did have strong moral supporters with me who were the Royals and Sylvester who I would meet at the ball. Sylvester was bound to be given his crown for being the Consigliere for all of my mafias. He holds a lot of power now that I think about it. We got out of our vehicles. We stood in a horizontal line. Roman and Bishop to my right and Kai and Hugo to my left. I was in the middle. My breathing had gotten faster, similar to my panic attacks. I had learned to control my panic attacks with the help of the Royals. I simply counted to 10 and thought of chocolate-covered marshmallows and raspberry cheesecake.

"You okay Little Girl," Bishop asked me to squeeze my hand. I took a deep breath.

"Well to be honest I'm nervous. I don't really want to meet my family. It's the first time many important and dangerous people are going to know the real face behind my businesses." I say. Kai rubs my back slowly. I close my eyes for a short minute and open them again. Now I am just 1% more prepared.

The main door to the ballroom is wide open. I don't want any attention on me until I get my crowns and awards. I'll stay on the down low till then. We were about to enter but before entering people were taking pictures. There was a whole setup and everything. Almost like a mini photoshoot. They were probably for the big magazines like Vogue or Elle. All the important people stood in front of the lovely greenscreen, took a few pictures, and posed. I guess we had to do that too. I guess the boys were regular here because the photographers greeted them with a smile of recognition.

"First we want solo shots and then a picture with all five of you." Ah yes, five. FIVE. What the f*ck. I have to take a picture. This wasn't planned. Oh, h*ll no! The boys with confidence posed for solo pictures. I went last. I smiled cutely at the camera showing my teeth and my hands on the front of my dress. Then it was time for all 5 of us to take a picture. The photographer had other plans and asked us to pose in a certain way. The staff brought a chair to the center. On the chair sat Bishop. I was then placed on his lap. Kai took his place standing behind the chair with his hand on my shoulder. Hugo then squatted with one knee touching the ground. He put his hand on my knee to balance himself. Finally Roman took his seat in front of us with his leg sprawled and leaned back on Bishop and I's legs. Bishop kept a cool and mysterious face. Kai demonstrated his wise yet calm look perfectly. Hugo had a slightly cocky smirk sprawled on his face. Roman has his dimple grin on. I did my classic bright smile that lit up everybody's faces. The photographer took our picture. Finally, I thought we were going to have a f*cking photoshoot instead of a ball. SMH! The boys and I grouped back together and headed inside. The second we headed inside I couldn't find the boys with me. Some rich oldies were talking to them about important business that I wasn't involved in. Dumb*ss adults. Like so much for staying as a group. I can't blame the oldies though. My identity is practically unknown here but not for long. In 10 minutes flat the crowning will probably start and then my identity will no longer be a secret. I was walking in the hall and I spotted the Italians and Sicilians. Yes, my family is right there in front of me. They were kind of far away. Maybe if I got closer carefully I could see how they've been surviving without me. I mean I at least expect a few under-eye bags from Matteo. To escape the eyes of my family I go to where the crowd is maximized. That is obviously the bar. There was alcohol being served thus meaning all the just-turned adults hung out there with their friends. I made my way there. On my way, a waiter holding glasses of what seems like orange juice came my way. I took a glass to satisfy my parched throat. I took a huge gulp of the drink. It didn't taste exactly like orange juice. Honestly, I didn't know what it tasted like. It tasted weird. That wasn't orange juice that was some f*cking doo-roo. Nasty sh*t. I got a closer glimpse of my family from where I was standing. Were they affected? Oh heck yes. All my brothers, father, and stepmother had dark under bags that make-up couldn't conceal completely. Surprisingly my 'step-sister' Orabella also looked a little depressed. She has no reason to be sad. She never cared anyway. Alessandro and Alessandra looked sad. I mean I was their best friend so that is expected. I still haven't forgiven them when they told my family about the cutting habits. They had no right. I do feel a little bad that they have to go through my disappearance when they barely did anything wrong. Of course, they didn't tell me they were in the mafia but still, it's their choice. I was deep in thought until the host of tonight's ball broke the chattery silence.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight is the moment you've all been waiting for. The crowning of the leaders of our criminal future." The host announces through the mic. A giant wave of applause could be heard after his first sentence. People were really hyped up for this, weren't they?

"Our first crowning goes to our official newest leader of the Italian Mafia. Lorenzo Romano." Lorenzo, my brother, stands up in his dominant glory and walks to the stage. He was like the coldest yet brightest star shining amongst the rest. I must say I am proud of him even if he hid this secret from me. His expression at this moment showed nothing but happiness- sorry correction- I meant emptiness. Lorenzo maintained his dark cold expression just like any experienced mafia leader. Not once has he smiled, I hope he does one day. While he stands center stage, a beautiful bedazzled emblem is placed on his suit. Now that I think about it, why is it called crowning when nobody is crowned? The leaders are just given their Mafia ancestry emblem. Weird but the name 'crowning' has been stuck for generations so I guess people just call it that. Lorenzo takes the mic and speaks the code of Omerta and accepts his position. He returns swiftly back to his seat receiving a pat on the back from his father. I meant our father.

"Our next crowning goes to Ryder-Blake Ashford, the leader of the American Mafia." The host announces. Ryder-Blake. It's been a while since I've seen him. Soon after, list by list many people were crowned. Sadly all of them were men. We need some women empowerment here. I love that the Royals, Alexander, and Sylvester got crowned but someone we need a queen here. I mean I guess I'll be the first to beat this annoying stereotype. Watching the Royals being crowned and each being given their rightful positions as mafia leaders, CEO's and gang leaders just amazes me. I am very proud of my best friends.

"We would now like to announce our next leader. You guessed it folks, the Mafia King Lucifer Constatine Benjamin Augustine the 3rd." The host announces. What the f*ck. Who the f*ck is he. This man gets up. He's very tall. Looks about 19 or 20 years old. Why have I never heard of that name before? How the freak did he become Mafia King. B*tch this is absolute bullsh*t. How come no one warned me?! I'll deal with this situation later with Sylvester. I don't want to ruin my mood.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. There is the newest addition to our leaders that has disappeared for a while now. Our newest leader of the Russian Mafia, French Mafia, Co-leader of the Irish Mafia, CEO of the Diamonds and Co. business, and the leader of Koko Krystalz might take the newest position of Mafia Queen. We have Esmerelda-Antoinette Marie-Elene Svetlana Saint-Claire Morozov Romano." The host says out of breath after saying my ling *ss name. Holy sh*t. I've gone public now. I have more enemies now. I am at the tip now. Almost, well no basically, just this Lucifer dude coming out at random times. I take my tiny self to the stage. The only one standing. I was the center. I was the brightest star in the sky.

"Go Esme." I heard the royals cheer in their vulgar tone. I smirked. I turned back to where their smirking selves were sitting. I gave them a flying kiss. I turned to see my family's reaction. They were in shock. Jaws were lower than the basement I was never allowed to go in. I laughed hysterically. The queen has arrived guys. This is just the beginning of her reign. Beware! I smirked, flipping my hair. 

Author's Note: 

Hey Shadies! Sorry for my absence. I was struggling with school enrollment and getting a schedule. I still don't have my schedule but whatever. Please like, comment, share, vote, and follow. Bye Beans! 

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌