Chapter 47

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's new yo-yo ^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

Crouching was my best bet because I couldn't walk. I crouched all the way to the tires. I looked to my right and saw Kai and Roman had gotten 1 shot on Hugo. Hugo's blue helmet was still peeking through. I had my eyes on the target. I somersaulted and rolled through the tires. I tried doing it as smoothly as possible as my movement wasn't completely concealed by the tires. I had now gotten closer to Hugo. Hugo aimed again and shot Kai once. Both Kai, Roman, and Hugo have 2 lives left. I hid behind a pile of red sand. My range was good and all I had to do was get 2 shots on Hugo. While his attention was on Roman and Kai I shot him in the shoulder. I immediately ran from my hiding spot and this time I was on the opposite side of his hiding spot. I assumed he would look back where I was originally hiding because that's where the shot came from. He did exactly that. He aimed his gun at the pile of red sand and shot aimlessly. I wasn't even there. I snickered. Kai and Roman were still oblivious to where I was hiding. I was pretty good at this game. Hugo sneakily headed to the red sand pile thinking he would catch me off guard. Oh, how he was wrong. I was right behind him all the time keeping my steps quiet. When I knew he couldn't take cover I tapped Hugo's shoulder. He turned around to shoot me but I was faster even if I was injured.

"1 step forward, 2 steps back," I said with a smirk and shot him on his stomach. A distinct red mark appeared almost looking as if he was seeping in blood but it was too much of artificial color. Even if he was shot three times he could still try to take my gun away because as long as he didn't use his gun he was still qualified to help his teammate. I didn't have time to stop Hugo. I needed to get to the main target. Bishop.

"Kai, Roman!" I yelled. This grabbed their attention. They ran discreetly up to me as I had my guard up to disarm Hugo at any time. As the boys were approaching Hugo acted fast. He leaped from trying to get me in a chokehold. I tripped backward and fell on my back. I took my non-injured leg and kicked Hugo in the chest. He tripped and lost balance. Roman immediately took care of the situation and stopped Hugo for me. He gave me a signal telling me to go after Bishop while he looked after Hugo.

"I got your back," Kai said as headed in an opposite direction so he could serve as a decoy at any point in time if I ever needed one. Bishop, you're going down. I headed forward and hid behind a block tower. I saw Kai with his red helmet peeking out. He would get caught. I tried to wave to him but it was too late. Kai was shot on his helmet once. Blue paint splattered on the contrasting red helmet. I almost blew my cover to go save him but I stayed put. Always think of the bigger picture Esme! Another rule when learning to be in the mafia. I advanced forward hoping that Bishop was too distracted by Kai. I secretly moved forward. I saw Bishop. He was guarding his flag and was near mine as well. Oh, he was trying to kill two birds with one stone. If he couldn't get his flag he wouldn't let me get mine either. Smart. I was in range and I had a clear shot on Bishop. I was small so the Bishop hadn't seen me yet. I took the shot but stopped.

"Bishop. There." Hugo yelled pointing to where I was. Hugo was being man-handled by Roman. After Hugo said those words Roman covered his mouth but it was too late. The Bishop saw where I was. My cover was blown. I had 3 lives left, Bishop had three and Kai had one. Bishop's attention was no longer on Kai. Kai took this opportunity to get out of his hiding spot and shot at Bishop. It hit Bishop but I think Bishop saw it coming. He immediately turned around as if it was a survival instinct. He blindly shot and blue paint splattered on Kai. Kai was done for. I had to run for the flag. I wouldn't be fast enough or agile. I had broken limbs for god's sake. How was I gonna win? I limped out of my hiding spot and shot at Bishop without thinking. Bishop smirked as he saw it coming. He ducked and the shot was missed. He took a double shot on me. Two blue paint splatters covered my leg which was bound by a cast. I still continued to limp to my flag. Bishop laughed hysterically.

"I'm going to win Esme." He said maniacally. He was good at this game and he knew it, that was for sure. I aimed my gun at him and shot him. It barely hit him but it still marked him. He had 1 life left just like me. I felt more paint splatter on my head. My head jerked back. I lost. My 3 lives were up. I was so close to the flag but lost. Bishop had a smirk on his face and went to grab the red flag. All I had to do was grab the blue flag before he grabbed the red one. He was much closer to the flags than I was. I wouldn't let him win. I remembered my trinket. Everything is okay when I have my trusty yo-yo. I pulled it out of my pocket. I twisted my finger around the string. I launched the circular end of the yo-yo at the blue flag. The yo-yo wrapped around the flag's rod perfectly. I smirked. I yanked the string towards me and the blue flag came into my grasp. As Bishop was about to grab the red flag I already had the blue one in my hand. I raised the flag in the air and screamed.

"I win. I have the blue flag." I say loudly. I smile brightly. Victory feels nice. The buzzer went off and the doors opened. The same receptionist lady came.

"Red team wins!" She says. Kai and Roman immediately cheer.

"Woooooo we win. We win we win."Roman and I start chanting and doing some crazy dances. Kai just chuckled and a small smile was evident on his face.

"What, What but how. I got the flag first." Bishop spat angrily. Hugo interrupted him.

"No, Esme used her yo-yo and got the blue flag first. He passed the test, Bishop. Be happy." Hugo says, cocking up an eyebrow. Bishop storms to me and crocuses in front of me with an angry look.

"How dare you, you little pest. You weren't supposed to pass this test." He spits in my face and storms out the room. I tried limping after him but Roman placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Do not worry. Il a besoin de temps." (He needs time.) He says in his french accent.

"T'es sur?" (You sure?) I asked. I didn't want Bishop and I's relationship to be ruined just because of a st*pid test. He was starting to like me. I sigh sadly.

"Oui oui. He is sometimes a grouch." (yes, yes.) Roman explains. I nod. We all head out of the paintball field. I feel happy. I was one step closer to becoming a Royal and getting 4 new best friends. We take off all our gear. The adrenaline rush I was having was gone now. I could feel my arm and leg pain. Ah, injuries, never fail to remind you of how sh*t you feel. Watch your mouth Esme, I remind myself.

"Here take one of these. You're going to need it. Paintball does tire you a lot." Kai handed me a painkiller. I gladly took it. He also handed me a water bottle. I swallowed the pill with some water and satisfied my thirst. I was so sore that I couldn't even walk. I took my crutch and started limping really slowly. Hugo saw me in pain and took me in his arms. He grabbed me and I hugged him like a koala. I squealed in surprise. He ruffled my hair and I giggled. He reminded me of Sergio. Very young and carefree. I was gently patting my back which I loved.

"Hey guys, I have a question," I say as we were walking on the streets. We were heading back to the school as it was only lunchtime and why go out if you have exquisite lunch at school for free, Roman had explained. I totally agreed with him.

"Sure little Monkey. Ask ahead." Roman said.

"What does wh*re mean. I saw that receptionist lady call me. Someone in my past had called me that as well. They also called me a sl*t so can you explain to me what those two words mean?" I ask politely. I could feel Hugo tense. His neck had gotten tighter as my hands were wrapped around him.

"I don't know if I should explain. You might feel bad. You'll learn when you're ready." Hugo says.

"No, everybody says I'll no when I'm older. I'm done with this f*cking sh*t. Explain now!" I say with anger. I was surprised by my very vulgar words. Oh, what have I done! 

Author's Note:

Hey Shadies! Double Update. I didn't want to leave you one that 'To be Continued' for too long. Question: How big of a time skip should there be? It can range from 3 months to 2 years. Please like, comment, read, share, vote, and follow, Bye beans! 

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌