Golden Love

I woke up facing JJ, with my arms around him. I was completely rested but very sore. I stayed trying to fall asleep again but it didn't work, and JJ woke up. He smiled before he even opened his eyes, and when he did I pretended I was still asleep to see what he would do. He carefully laid me down and he got up to go outside. He was out there for at least ten minutes. I waited for him to come back and saw that Sarah and John B were both still completely out.

He walked back in and just came and sat down where he slept, no talking or anything. I moved a little closer to him.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. JJ just shook his head and then turned the other way. What was going on?

We just sat there for a few minutes thinking. We were so close we were almost touching, but JJ had moved over so we weren't. Did I say something wrong? Say something in my sleep?

John B woke up and that caused Sarah to wake up. They said good morning and then got up.

"I have to go, my dad's going to kill me, Destiny, you should probably come too." Sarah said.

"Okay. I'm definitely going to get killed so get it over with." I said, getting up.

"Bye." John B said, getting up to sit by JJ. I closed the door on the way out, and then noticed my shoe was untied. I bent down close to the shed to tie it, so I could hear what they were saying.

"I see you and Destiny are getting along." John B said.

"Yeah." JJ answered. I tied my shoe very slowly trying to listen.

"Dude, what's wrong?" John B asked him. It was silent for a second, I could imagine JJ's face, trying not to tell what's actually wrong.

"Nothing bro, just tired." JJ said.

"Come on Destiny!" Sarah whispered.

I got up and we started walking back towards the beach where the party was.

"What were you doing?" Sarah asked.

"JJ was acting weird so I was seeing if he would tell John B what's wrong since he won't tell me." I explained.

"Oh. It's probably nothing." Sarah said.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"How's it going with you guys?" She asked.

"I thought it was good until this morning. We danced a lot and had a lot of fun, and we ran away from the party together. It was the best night ever even though it was very traumatic for a lot of people, I had fun. Again, I'm sorry that happened to you. Anyways, I slept good too, thinking it was going to be a great day and I would wake up with JJ by my side, but he was outside and wouldn't tell me why."

"I question him sometimes. We don't talk a ton, and he does things without telling anyone what. Just be careful Destiny, although he is my friend, I don't know if I can trust him. I never know what he's thinking." Sarah said.

I thought she was very wrong, I could trust him. I just didn't know what he was doing and why he wouldn't tell me, but I knew it wasn't anything terrible. I just nodded my head and continued walking.

"Sarah, who's Topper? You don't have to tell me, I just want to know." I asked her.

"Topper is my ex boyfriend." She said.

"Oh." I said.

We just kept walking and eventually got there. There were balloons and decorations broken and on the ground. There were cans and plates everywhere. I saw a cop car in the parking lot. We continued walking to my car, but the cop got out and walked over to us.