Chapter 9

Me and Ayden were just sat on our own for almost the whole day. When Marcus and the twins had gone I had no idea what to do.

"Well Ayden, what shall we do?" I wondered. I decided to look through the bags. In my barbie suitcase was almost all of my clothes. There was my summer shorts and vest tops. My winter furry coat, boots and lots of t-shirts and jeans and jogging bottoms. And of course there was the picture of me and Mum.

Next I ventured into the bag of Ayden's clothes. In there were many baby grows, a trillion nappys (I must have gone a little mad with the grabbing and shoving) and lot's of little outfits. Jeans with a checked shirts, dungarees and warm looking jackets that were tiny.

The only bag that was left was the baby bag. As I'd said before I wasn't sure what was in there but I knew Ayden needed it. Inside I found more nappys, wipes, baby bags to put the dirty nappy's in, some cream, and a cold bottle. Well the cold bottle wasn't much use now it was cold. That reminded me I only had four bottles left. How did they go so quick?!

It was so boring sat waiting for the boys but I had a quick play on the park before Ayden started to whine again. He wanted another feed. Maybe I could ask the boys if I could refill the bottles.

No, that was rude! I sighed.

"Ayden! What on earth was I thinking? I can't do this. Not with you anyway. But I couldn't leave you either." I frowned at myself.

Mum hadn't been so bad had she? I mean she'd only left us for a couple of days. Not that long. Infact I bet she was at home right now, worried sick about us!

"Come on Ayden. We're going to pay home a visit." I said with triump in my voice, while picking up the bags and settling Ayden in a comfortable position.

We set off back up the street. I'd tell Mum about the twins and Marcus and come back out to play with them later and I could leave Ayden with her. There seemed to be no wind today and there was a nice warm heat on my back. I saw the giant grey block coming into view. It got closer and closer. I forced a smile. For some reason I didn't seem happy that I was going back but yet my feet were still moving.

The metal floor didn't ring this time as I walked slowing my pace as I got nearer to our door. I stood outside it for a short minute. Got my key out of my pocket. Turned the lock.

It was empty. Nobody in sight. There were dust on top of the t.v. I walked cautiously into the kitchen. Everything was exactly where I left it.

In my bedroom all my stuff was strewn all over the place.

Mum hadn't even been home...