Chapter 5

"Elena...?"

"What?"

"I was wondering...if it would be okay, if I went out tonight?"

"NO! Mum I've told you how worried I was last time! Please don't."

"Okay I won't." Mum said, her face drooping as she got up and brought out her mobile from her pocket. I felt bad then, but Mum couldn't just leave us alone. I wouldn't let her.

She walked into the kitchen and closed the door behind her. I wondered who she was calling and decided to have a quick listen in. I wouldn't normally be this nosey but Mum had been acting really weird like when Ayden was crying, she wouldn't seem to notice and I had to tell her. Also she didn't make proper meals anymore. She'd just bring home a bag of chips or something.

I opened the door a crack so Mum couldn't see me but I could hear her.

"Yeah, so I can't come tonight. No, no it's just my daughter, you know Elena." She paused.

"Well, I don't know...perhaps...but she will be so worried. And there's Ayden to think about." A deep voice said something on the other end.

"Okay fine I'll see you there then. I might be a little later than normal though because Elena doesn't go to bed till half nine. I know it's a little late but..."

Was she going to go out? But I'd told her not to.

She had said bye and was walking towards the door. I rushed to the sofa and sat down and continued watching my programme.

The rest of the night seemed to go slow.

"Elena, Er isn't it your bedtime now?" Mum asked. It was nine thirty on the dot.

"Okay Mum." I ran upstairs and got into my pyjamas. I slipped into bed. What if Mum was going out?

"Night Elena! And don't worry I'm not going anywhere!" She said as she had read my thoughts. And how obvious was it that she was going out? 'I'm not going anywhere' most defiantly meant 'I'm going out but I don't want you to know'.

I told myself I was being completely stupid, till I heard the door bang shut and a key in the lock. Mum had gone out.

I got out of bed, walked across the landing and went through to the living room. No. I am not letting her do this again.  I got the phone book from the side of the phone.

Mum mobile - 01988 345692

I picked up the phone and dialled. Oh no! The phone bill that we hadn't paid! Fine I couldn't call her but if she wasn't back by morning...I was taking action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIT OF A BORING CHAPTER I KNOW BUT NEXT ONE IS A BIG ONE :) PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! TELL ME HOW I COULD IMPROVE OR WHATEVER

THANK YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX