Met in the Moonlight

My brother is going to perform in the event'

'He is quite the buzz around the town'

So, this man, brother of Rion, is the infamous Shameen.

The brothers are starkly different in their looks, both of them beautiful and handsome in two different senses.

Well beauty is not surprising in Zariya, things and people, both are extremely enticing, only I have started to believe that Zariyan's keep beauty at top priority.

I brought my attention back to the stage, where the man of the evening had held all our attention by just his stare.

Shameen looked almost like the moon, the whiteness of the dress, with the holy light of moon over him, shone him like the true child of the Moon goddess.

Just as I was coming to terms with his smile, the boy started to sing.

His voice and the melody that came out his throat, clutched my heart with gratitude, like I was back at the comfort of my home, it was masculine like my Sun, and mellow like The Moon.

He sang in his native language, which is not that different from our Serafina language.

The polarity is in the few words and accents which I am picking up as I listen to the locals.

The roll of his tongue, clarity in his voice, melody of the song, lyrics that he sung, the emotions behind the words, all came together and clenched my heart with a weird culmination of emotions.

The instruments complimented his song and brought their own magic to the music. They were the softer background of his song, then they bring in some pauses, racing our hearts in anticipation, and then coming back into the song with valour, then gradually seeming slower, kinder, and then disappearing into the silence at the end of song. Racing our hearts like waves of holy rivers.

Shameen deserved all the buzz. As he lived up to his popularity.

The boy was talented and beautiful.

His voice translated honestly, as if this form- him singing to and about the Moon is purest form he will ever be in.

People flocked over to Shameen in hope to meet him, talk to him. I watched him with keenful gaze as he very kindly took his sweet time to meet each of them, with respectful gestures, stripped of any feeling other than generosity.

Until I heard clearing of throat from behind me,-

'Mesmerised by my Brother?' It was Rion, my temple friend.

'Honestly, yes. He has a gift.'

'He does, and I can't blame anyone else for being starstruck by his voice when even now- knowing him for my entire life, I am not used to him singing. It still gives me goosebumps.'

'I can imagine, I can't get used to that either' I said, as I stole a glance at his brother from the side eye.

'Did you have dinner yet?'

'no , not yet, I was about to, by the way, beautiful arrangements' I said as I looked around, again in appreciation.

'Thank you, but I can't take the credit. All of this...is my sister. She is the creative one'

'Ohh, so that's why...I did feet a women energy, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself'

'Hehe! Well, can't fight with the woman's intuitions, now can I?'

'Come, come, let me guide you to the food court, you will love our delicacies.'

Rion left after attending me, and I now had a plate full of overflowing food, but no place to sit.