who is this man?

I start to walk towards the light, with no fear instilled in my heart, I am now a part of these people, if I fear, they will come at me with their claws and white teeth. I follow the people and I realise what I am wearing is not fancy according to Zariyan culture, people wore extremely beautiful clothes of rich dark colours, with luxurious looking fabrics. I might have not seen myself in the mirror for two days now, but I am sure that I am no comparison up against the beauty of Zariya. Everything I gaze at, the long poles with lamps hanging on them, the little benches, roses, lots of roses along the footpath, and small buildings and houses, all had intricate carvings on them and looked absolutely glamorous. I can't imagine the beauty in the light of day.

I don't know where I am going, just following the crowd, as I walk by the buildings, street shops and the buzz of the city increases. Serafina had shelter for homeless people in the Sun temple. I am searching for something similar. I guess if the boatman was obliged to help me for his religion, Zariyan's must have a place for me to take refuge too. Maybe get some food there and then decide further after I have rested.

Just as the street was about to turn around the corner, I saw a huge stone building, mounted on a small mountain. There were stairs in the mountains and I saw people walking barefoot on them that led them to that huge building over the top. The monument-like building was spectacular, lit up like million little star-like lamps, one has to be blind to ignore it. It felt like a Moon temple, as it was built just below the moon in the sky.

I started to climb up the stairs, it was a struggle as I had bags in my hand and one on my back but I carried on. After, the few stair, a young boy approached me,

'Almah! Let me help you with the luggage.'

I guess people visibly saw my struggle

'No, no it's absolutely fine, I will manage.'

'Almah! No, it's my pleasure to help you with it, I guess Moon goddess wishes me to help you, and my Amma says, "it's chivalry to help women"'

'Your Amma sounds like a smart lady'

We continue as I give him one of the two bags.

'She is, says that if I listen to her, I might find a girlfriend soon'

'Amma knows what she is talking about...'

He laughed

'So? Are you going to stay over at the Darhaan(moon temple)?'

'Yes, I plan too...but how did you know'

He points the luggage

'yeah...I hope there is a place for me.'

'Plenty, you don't have to worry about that'

'So...Are you alone?'

'Yes' I reply

'I have never seen a girl travelling alone'

'Is it bad that I am?' I said casually, but  slight offence laced my question

'No, no Almah, it's safe in our town, you must have come to visit your relatives for the New Years?'

'Yes, I have' I haven't formed a 'story' yet, but I will perform an impromptu, Should I join the street performers as I will soon be good at it.

'Can you imagine, Darhaan is a little chirpier than usual, from today the preparations for New Years have started in full swing, I mean I am sure it's the same with your town?'

'Yes, yes very similar'

'So, what's your name?'

'Rosa'