A Stranger

I woke up when I felt the gush of cold air brushing my exposed shoulders and to the smell of smoke?

Why is there smoke? Did I light the whole forest?

Luckily, nothing of that sort had happened. My bonfire had just died down due to the wind I guess, and I trusted my Serafina habits to wake me up just before the sunrise. I get myself together and get ready to leave Elsora. How? I still didn't know, but I had to offer my morning prayers for now. So I walk near the shore far away from where I came here, I look up to see the beautiful Sun rise above the sea, with sounds of waves accompanying it. The morning light wakes up the birds, as they chirp, in the forest.

I pray to please help me, or show me the way for forward motion. Help me survive a day to see you come up again tomorrow, but every time to a different place.

I walk back to my belongings, but while picking it up, and starting my journey to the north, just then I see a boat, empty of passengers going towards the north sea, away from Serafina, away from Elsora, is it possible that he...?

He didn't look like he was stopping at the shore, so I ran, ran with all my will, slightly slowed down by the friction of baggage I carried.

I yelled for him to stop, I knew he was not from either place. I have seen him before, he is the messenger of some place, possibly and hopefully of Zariya. He used to visit our shores. He had flowers surrounding his boat, and always wore weird looking hats.

'Sir, sir stop'

'STOP!'

'Hey, boatman sir, mister, here, behind you!' I waved my hand like a frenzied person.

I ran into the water after him, with half of my waist deep into the waters.

He was startled, and signalled me to stop, and started to row his boat inwards.

'Almah, oh god, what are you doing, you will hurt yourself, stop running towards me for god sake, I am coming'

'What has happened? Are you fine, you don't look fine, you look... why are you covered in mud and now in water, I know why that...'

He went on, while I stared at him, he looked so different, I had never seen him up so close, he was a man with a sharp hook nose. He had kind eyes, and seemed old, very old to be rowing a boat. He wore a baggy dress with beautiful embroidery around the neck and wore a big ring with a stunning stone on it.

'Where are you going?'

He looked startled upon hearing my voice, he didn't think I would cut him off.

'I am going to Zariya'

He was not scared to disclose that, but my heart soared in happiness upon learning that information.

'Take me'

He looked at me perplexed.

'Sorry, Almah I am no passenger boat, I can't take you to your home, you have to walk south to find them. I am a messenger and I am going North'

Men! He spoke to me like I am some unintelligent child.

'Yes, I travel North with you'

'But you are no Zariya'

'I know'

'But you say to me, that you want to travel to Zariya'

'Yes'

'You lost your mind, kind Almah, go home, your family must be waiting for you'

'Take me, Sir, I got no family, they are no more'

'I can't lady, you are no Zariya, they have an army on the border, they will know about you. And this is forbidden.'

'Please help me here, Anciano'

'But why not go back to your home, this is illegal.'

'My Oma was from Zariya, I want to go back to where she came from, it was her last wish'

It wasn't, Oma didn't want me to die, so she would never put such a wish upon me, but I assumed he was emotional, and just like Emir, I was using my dead family for my advantage.

This is a small price men can pay for the wars and pain they have inflicted upon the world.

He looked at me confused, disapproving of my attire, and then looked at me helplessly.

'You confuse me, I can't leave you like this all by yourself, you don't seem to be doing good by yourself,Child. Why don't you ask your minstry to help you out, marry a man and settle?'

'No one wants to marry me, I am an orphan, the government doesn't help people like me, but I heard from Oma, she told me about kind people of Zariya.'

'What a bad government, it's not your fault they died...yes yes, people of Zariya are kind and our Ministry is kinder.'

'If that is the case then I think I can help you out, but we will have to be careful, Almah!, you don't look like and definitely don't dress up like us'

'I will be careful, help Anciano, Goddess Moon will bless you.'

His eyes turned into kindness upon hearing his God.

'Ok, get in the boat, it will be afternoon by the time we reach Zariya.'

People are the same around the world, we fear God, instead of loving our God. You use their name, and the world will fall into line.

If I can jump in happiness then I would, if I could dance in happiness I would, Lord Sun heard my prayers, and I guess this time I had a little help from the Goddess Moon too.