Promise

The world was filled with noises, the sounds of carts being pulled away by ground dragons, carrying on them merchants who are looking for the chance to make a fortune, or simply to make enough to get by the day. Some came from the people walking around, exchanging greetings to each other, or simple gossips about their everyday lives and what they have been up to. But the most notable noises came from the people at the stalls, selling their products to passerby so they could make a living, some more successful than others. All in all, the streets were just as busy as ever, with not much of a noticeable difference between each day...until today.

Standing in the middle of this place swarming with people, overwhelmed by the sheer density and almost deafening sounds of a crowd it was not used to, stood alone a small looking girl, wearing nothing but an oversized coat with the color of snow white matching the color of her hair, still processing her surroundings, although determined to seek her purpose. [The Great Hare].

It could barely see anything, having been trapped in that place devoid of sunlight for so long, it forgot just how bright the sun could be. Taking a good few minutes to adjust its eyes, it slowly and carefully opened them back up...to find itself in a street. It didn't know how it got here, nor why out of all places, it was placed here, but right now, it did not care. For now, it's only thing that is on its mind, its drive, its purpose, is to find that black-haired boy with strange clothing and-

Tear him

Was the only thing occupying its mind, and so, it took off. It's legs, however, were unfamiliar to it, far different from how it once was, and so, a single step was nearly enough to make it fall to the ground. It needed to readjust itself, learn how to move properly in this new body that it had shaped for itself. How easy was it for it to return back to its formal form, the form that its mother gave it, or it should have been.

It felt something else, something akin to feeling like it was being held down by something, but it wasn't just physically, but mentally as well. The times it took to shape this new body was too taxing, too much work that it exhausted itself completely, now feeling like it could faint at any moment. It was a miracle that it was able to stay conscious enough to realize this, much less when it was still in that void. Should it had fainted then and there, it might have never set foot back into this world.

It sat down, leaning itself onto the wall behind it, it managed to just barely dragged itself towards one of the nearest houses that it could find, and sat motionless, trying to regain some semblance of strength to continue on. Exhaustion was something it had never felt before, or rather, due to its insatiable hunger, it might have never realized how fatigued it would become after facing a tough prey. All it thought about back then, was to feast, feast, feast, never satisfied, never enough.

While resting, it felt someone closing in on it, it tried to put up its limbs, almost as if trying to protect itself against something, until it heard a voice calling to it.

"Hey little girl, you alright there?"

Talking to it was a man, from what it could see, he looked rather slim, with grey beard and hair. He seems to be a pretty senile person, and it seems like this old man is worried about it. It could not respond to that man's question however, even if it could somewhat understand human speech from what little its mother was able to teach it, it did not know how or ever needed to know the way to speak that language. All it needed to know was eat.

"Hmm, too tired to even respond? That's not good, I'll see if I can get something for you, maybe that will help you out."

As the old man said that, he quickly took off, turning a corner, preventing it from seeing where that man could have gone. It was still too tired, this body although significantly smaller than that of an average person, or even a child to a certain degree, was still heavily demanding of its stamina, till the point of standing was a chore in of itself. So it continued to rest, not wanting to care about that man or the noises around it, even when it was still overwhelming its ears, it tried to rest.