Peaceful Sleep

"Are you doing alright, Shirogi?"

"...mm."

The question came from the girl with silver hair, sitting opposite of it. Currently, they were sitting in a compact space made from what seems to be wood. And in front, a creature was responsible for pulling this strangely shaped object forward. At least, from what it had seen, this was the conclusion that it had arrived at.

But there wasn't just the two of them. Another was currently sleeping peacefully next to it. A young boy with jet black hair, wearing clothes that seems otherworldly compared to the two. Due to what had transpired not long ago, the girl named Emilia had decided to bring him back with her. Which brings things back to the present.

They are now heading back to the girl's home in order to properly treat the young boy, whose head is laying neatly on its lap. It found the boy's seemingly careless behaviour to be puzzling. The fact that he could sleep so soundly, without a care in the word. Vastly different from itself, where sleep was unheard of. And the little times that its hunger did subside a little, leaving it to its exhaustion, it couldn't let its guard down unless it wanted to be eaten.

Those were all it had ever known up until now, and yet, it is struggling to recall much of it. Regardless, the boy's sleeping face quickly distracted it from those thoughts, focusing now only on his expression. It didn't mind how unguarded he looked while sleeping.

As it continued to stare, its mind started to ponder. Particularly about this new location that its going to. Despite having the two of them with it, this was still an uncharted territory, and therefore, it can't help but feel slightly nervous. Afraid? That, it wasn't sure. So at the very least, it will be wary.

However, as it tries to do so, the girl in front of it suddenly speaks up.

"You don't need to be so nervous, Shirogi. I'm sure that you'll get along with everyone!" Raising both her hands, the half-elf says with enthusiasm, seemingly convinced by her own words. Seeing her being so positive, it couldn't help but relent its guard again, though it didn't even have much to begin with.

Strange, the more it interacted with her, the more relaxed it felt. There was an aura exuding from her that it can't help but feel comforted by. Maybe it should have been more wary. More concerned, and more suspicious of her due to her actions, and yet, it couldn't bring itself to do that. If anything, she only makes it even more interested in her. How very strange.

"Emilia-sama, while I do admire your enthusiasm, we can't be too sure about that." Interrupting the warm atmosphere of the two, a cold and sharp voice cut through the air, directing towards the half-elf. Ah, there was another.

"Mmm, I know, but a little optimism can't hurt anybody, right Ram?"

"That is true. I am also glad to know that you are alright, Emilia-sama" In order to control where the creatures were properly going in the right directions, a person must be in charge of guiding and holding them. Which is why there was another. A girl slightly higher than it, whose clothes were clad in white and black. Though what truly stood out from her, was the color of her hair and eyes. The pink color of her hair matches almost perfectly with her amber like eyes, with one of them covered by an overgrown side of her hair.

After the fallout, with the boy being knocked out and the red-haired man leaving them, carrying the two others, she arrived at the scene. From the little snippets of their arguments, it would seem that the half-elf was supposed to meet up with her, however that was not the case. After that, the girl then helped carry the boy with them into this wooden structure, and proceeded to ride off almost immediately. Not a word was spoken during the entire ride, until now.