Moments Forever Lost

The dawn of a new day approaches, as the sun shines down onto the mansion's floor. As each person living inside slowly woke up from their slumber, some had long since awoke. Others are beginning to get ready for a soon to be busy day.

And during all of this, the sounds of footsteps echoed across the many hallways of the building, resounding firmly through the place. With each step growing progressively faster and faster, their breath getting louder and louder, the girl continued to sprint, her hand holding tightly onto a thin piece of paper.

It wasn't long until she eventually bumped onto another person. Their black and white skirt accentuating their vibrant pink hair, their eyes sharp and focused, turning towards the running girl. As she stops, she lets out another huff before looking up to the maid.

Looking at the paper, the pink-haired girl understood the implications, and promptly smiled at her. Patting the girl lightly on the head, she then says a few words to her, before moving on to her work.

Watching as the girl disappeared from her sight, she continued to pace herself through the hall, eager to show the rest what she had done. Her mind filled with certain expectations of each of their reactions, letting out a small smile.

Meanwhile, in another room, a boy was seen tidying up his bed, as he buttons up his shirt. Today was another busy day for him, like always, but somehow, he felt excited. No, hyper might be the better word.

Perhaps it was due to what transpired last night, or perhaps it was due to the wonderful dream he had, or maybe even both. Whatever it was, his face was still holding a large smile, to the point where he could almost feel sore from them.

Regardless, that will not stop him from giving his silver-haired half-elf the brightest smile he could muster. Speaking of her, today will be his trip to the village, and this time, other than just an ordinary shopping trip, he had another purpose.

"To find the perfect dating place!" He exclaimed, holding a fist in front of him. He was determined to locate the perfect spot, no matter what, and to do that, he would need all the help that he could get.

What help would this be? Well, the only he could think of were the kids back in the village. Luckily, he had managed to build a good relationship with them, so this shouldn't be too hard for him to ask for help.

"Although..." Recalling all their moments, his smile dropped a little bit.

Now that he thought about it, most of their encounters just ended with him being bullied by them. Seriously, how are those little kids so damn ruthless? They kept on bugging him as if he was just another brat like them. Though he didn't mind that at all, he expected them to give him some modicum of respect at least. Oh well, at least they seem to like him enough.

As he finished packing his bed, a sudden knock was heard from his door. Walking over to open it, a snow white haired girl was standing behind it, holding a thin piece of paper in front of her.

"Shirogi?" Surprised by how early she woke up today, he curiously stared at her, before turning his attention towards the object shown to him. Holding it out, the paper was shown to him, written on it was a single simple sentence.

I am Shirogi.

It was quite a simple sentence, but it was still impressive nonetheless. Considering that she effectively couldn't speak nor read, this was a major step forward for her. He smiled with enthusiasm, holding a thumbs up towards her.

"Nice! You're getting better at this already, and so quickly too..."

Now that he thinks about it, she seems to be adjusting to this quite easily isn't it? Though maybe because she simply just had more time to learn, even then for a person like her, it should have taken at least a week or two at most, yet she's able to get it right in under a week!