Ocean Deep-Chapter 6

Later that day I was lounging around on a beach chair in my paint splattered bikini when I heard Taylor and Josh coming up onto the deck. Josh was in green swim shorts and Taylor was in A dark blue and light blue stripped bikini. They stood over me, casting an enormous shadow, making me shiver. " May I help you?" I asked them. Josh cleared his throat and did an impersonation of a salesman, " Uh, yes ma'am, you can. You see we are here to offer you a one in a lifetime chance to go scuba diving right beside the Great Barrier Reef." He smiled and raised his eyebrows up and down, Taylor followed suit. I hopped up, back into the warm sun, and said," Why would I say no!" Taylor smiled and told us to follow her. She walked us over to a corner of the deck and showed us scuba diving gear. She handed Josh a green diving suit and me a pink diving suit. then she gave us matching flippers and a matching mask. " Be right back," she said, and happily skipped away, obviously over Fuzzby already. As Josh and I pulled on our diving suits we looked down into the deep, blue water. " Looks deep." I said. " Aren't they all?" He said smartly. I rolled my eyes, " Haha, very funny." Just then Taylor came back. She was wearing a blue diving suit with her matching assets. She was also pulling three air tanks behind her. She looked up at us with the biggest smile I've ever seen, " Ready?" she asked us. " Totally." Josh said and I just nodded. She handed us each an air tank and we put on our flippers and masks. We walked over to the ladder leading into the water. She looked at us, put her mouth piece in her mouth, and jumped in. Josh looked at me and did exactly what Taylor did. Then, it was my turn. When I hit the water it knocked the wind out of me. I couldn't see anything because of the tiny bubbles that surrounded me. I blinked a couple of times and then my eyes grew wide.  It was so beautiful! So many colors and the way the sun danced across the water. It was absolutely stunning! I swam up and touch some coral. I did it! I touched the Great Barrier Reef! I looked around me and could just make out Josh's green flippers in the distance, and then they slowly faded away. I look around for Taylor but couldn't see her anywhere. I swam in the direction Josh had went. Suddenly I felt prickles. I was freezing. the hair on the back of my neck stood up. My breath started to quicken and I panicked I started kicking and kicking and kicking. Cold, icy hands slipped there way around my neck, and they started to squeeze. Tighter and tighter. I turned around and my air tank was kicked off my back. I couldn't breath anymore. Oh My God! I'm going to die! I opened my eyes and saw black, black swaying all around me, like giant black octopus tentacles. And then, everything went black, and I started to die.