Chapter 9: hey, hey! you, you!

Katsuki Bakugo

After the movie had finished, we decided to go back to his room, for a change. He wanted me to feel comfortable coming down whenever I needed him and he wasn't with me, but assured me that he wouldn't be leaving me alone for long at all. This was also a good way to stop the risk of hearing Kirishima and his fucking doppelgänger having sex. I swear it's like incest, honestly...

Shoto's room was as tidy and good-looking as him, neatly arranged with not a single thing out of place. He seemed the type to stack books alphabetically on a bookshelf....it's actually kinda hot...yeah, everything he does seems hot to me right now, I'm kind of in a mass panic state...

He flopped onto the bed and patted beside him, inviting me on. I timidly joined him, and he pulled me up against him once again.

"Hey, Shoto?"

"Yes, Katsuki?"

"Weird question, but...what..what do you call it when you love someone?"

"....what exactly do you mean by that?"

"Just like...what would they...'be'. Like, by title..?"

"Oh, right! Thought you meant something else..they'd be called either a girlfriend or a boyfriend, sometimes just a 'partner' in other circumstances"

"Have..have you ever had a girlfriend then?"

"Um...no, actually. I....did have a boyfriend once though..."

Hold up...

Wait a damn minute...

Boyfriend?...

Meaning male?...

Meaning....maybe me?...

"I..hope that doesn't..bother you, or anything..?" he said, and I had to rid myself of thoughts about our wedding, and act cool.

"No, not at all....what was he like?"

"He was...weird, actually. Hot, and sweet, but...kinda always seemed like he had secrets, y'know? Like I never really knew what he was thinking..and it worried me enough for me to snap at him one day, and that was that...it was...jeez, maybe two years ago now. Just before coming here"

"I see.....I've obviously never had one either..."

"What, a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend..?"

"...either. I think...I think I'd rather a boyfriend though..." I said, subtly hugging him tighter. I was getting a little confident in myself when I was with him like this, and had half a mind to just kiss him right now. But I didn't. We just stayed in silence as we cuddled on his bed,

If he didn't get it by now, he's an idiot. At least I knew he was gay, that was the first hurdle to overcome. Now I just needed to woo him as much as I could. That would be the difficult bit. I didn't have a great body, what with being drastically underweight and whatnot, so I couldn't exactly flaunt myself, and I had hot shit for a personality, so I wasn't feeling good about my chances so far..

I felt him slowly getting up, peeling me off him. I whined a bit, and he just said "don't be needy, I'm making dinner. I'll plate you something small up, since you had a big lunch. You still gonna try eating a little?"

I just nodded at him before burying myself in his pillow. It smelled like him, like an understated waft of pine. He smelled so good! Every single time I was near him, I caught the faint, almost timid scent, and had to resist taking a deep breath of it in. I didn't want him thinking I was weirder than he no doubt already did...