Chapter 11

As Syrhane gets closer to me, I see my mother's malicious eyes. I couldn't say anything since her look was so strong this time. My teeth clenched as my cousin tapped my shoulder and walked away with my mother, leaving Syrhane and me behind.

"What a coincidence.. We met again, Dr. Tiu." sabi nito at ngumisi.

"You know my mother?" tanong ko.

"She was introduced to me by my grandmother. I quickly pick it up when she mentions her surname." sagot nito.

I scoffed and drank my champange, "What a small word." I whispered to myself.

"There's a media here." sabi ko sakanya at tumingin sa paligid.

She laughed and held my hand, "Where are we going?" tanong ko at pinigilan siya.

"Somewhere we can be alone." sabi nito kaya napa-kunot ako saaking noo at nagpadala nalang sakanyang hila.

We proceeded along an empty corridor, and I wandered my gaze among the frames and sculptures we passed.

"How did you know this place?" I asked as we approached the end of the corridor, which leads to a patio. I inquired of her and looked around the area.

"I used to stay here if I get suffocated from the crowd." sagot nito kaya napalingon ako sakanya.

"Because we, the Gallardos, are all in the industry, I grew up with publicity... I'm suffocated by their phony laughters, judgemental looks behind their eyes, and the always bragging about something." sabi nito habang nakatingin sa kalangitan.

"And here.. Is my safe place, where I can breathe." patuloy nito at lumingon sakin na may bahid ng malungkot na ngiti sa mukha.

"But, I didn't regret for choosing my occupation right now. Being a model is literally my dream since I was a child." naka-tingin ulit ito sa kalangitan habang nagsasalita.

"I'm sure you stand out." sabi ko kaya napalingon siya.

"Hindi mo ba talaga ako kilala nong nagkita tayo o nag-kukunware ka lang?" tanong nito kaya natawa ako dahil sakanyang hindi makapaniwalang ekspresyon.

"Earlier that day, my friends were talking about you and your brother, but I didn't know you were the Syrhane Gallardo they were talking about." sagot ko sakanya.

"It's understandable that you didn't recognize me because you were probably preoccupied with your work. But how come your friends are familiar with me but you aren't?" tanong ulit nito kaya natawa ako.

"I don't know." kibit-balikat kong sagot sakanya.

"You don't even have a social media. Text at tawag lang ata ang alam mo, e. Instagram, alam mo yon?" tanong nito kaya napa-isip ako.

"Tobias mentioned that once pero hindi ko alam kung paano iyan gamitin." sagot ko at napapa-iling ito ulit na para bang hindi makapaniwala.

"Seriously, Dr. Tiu.." hindi makapaniwalang tingin ang binigay niya saakin kaya natawa ako at tumango dahil totoong hindi ko talaga alam kung paano gamitin yang Instagram na yan.

"Stop stressing over the fact that I'm not aware of it." I said with a humor in my voice.

"I just can't believe that a handsome man like you don't have a social media account." sabi nito kaya napangisi ako at humarap sakanya.

"Tama ba ang pagkakarinig ko? Handsome?" tanong ko.

Agad siyang nabalisa at nangapa ng salita kaya hindi ko mapigilang mas lalong mapangisi dahil sa inaakto nito.

"H-ha? Ano, totoo naman. Maraming nagsasabi na guwapo ka at g-ganon din sa paningin ko." sabi nito kaya napa-iling ako habang natatawa.

"In the post it note, you mentioned that you knew me years ago. What exactly do you mean?" tanong ko ng naalala ang kanyang sulat.

"Yeah, u-uhm. Years ago, I saw you in the ER, and you were saving the life of a patient who had been in a car accident. You didn't stop performing CPR until he regained consciousness, which I believe is cool." sagot nito kaya tumango ako at inaalala ang kanyang sinabi.

Nakita ko siyang yinakap ang kanyang sarili kaya hinubad ko ang aking suot na coat at nilagay ito sakanyang balikat upang hindi siya lamigin.

"Thank you." nakangiting sabi nito at inayos ang pagkakasuot.

I couldn't take my gaze away from her. Because of the reflection of the stars above us, his eyes were blinking. It was lovely and... magical. It wasn't a heart attack that made me feel like my heart was going to explode, but something else.

She turned her gazed towards me and smiled.

I had no plans of falling inlove, but when she smiled. I think I had no choice but to change plans.

And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars.

She shattered my barriers and then took my heart... Syrhane walked into my life like a breath of fresh air. My heart skips a beat and a notion flashes across my mind.

"I think there's something wrong with your eyes, Dr. Tiu. It can't take off on me." she laughed after saying it.

Napangisi ako at natawa din, "You're right. There's something wrong.." sabi ko naman at umiwas na ng tingin.

"Let's dance, Dr. Tiu." she said as we hear the change of music into a slow one.

I grabbed her waist and moved closer to her without hesitation. We danced to the beat of the music, with both of her hands on my neck.

My breath was almost taken away when she buried her head in my chest. I tried to calm myself because my heart was pounding so loudly that I knew she could hear it.

This intimacy between us is too much to endure.

Her eyes went to mine and this time I couldn't hold out any longer.

Although all I ever desire is just to be near her, I would not refuse to advance it into something more closer and intimate. More being a step further than just bodies close to each other.

I kissed him like a habit, holding his chin up and claiming her lips as my territory. She runs her fingers through my hair while I grab the back of her neck.

"Soren.." she called me between our kisses.

I stopped and chased my breath, her eyes were burning with desire as she touched the frame of my glasses down to my jaw.

"You're making me hard but at the same time you're making me weak." mahinang sabi ko saka yumuko at nagpakawala ng mabibigat na hininga.

"Hindi naman ako nananaginip, diba?" tanong nito na ikinatawa ko habang ang kanyang kamay ay nasa aking mukha parin kaya umiling ako at dinampian ulit siya ng halik.

"I literally wasn't expecting this.." bulong nito.

"Why?" tanong ko.

"Because I thought you don't have any plans on having a girlfriend.." sagot nito.

I chuckled, "You made me changed my mind." I said.

"Buti nalang ako ang nakapag-pabago ng isip mo." sabi nito at hindi ko mapigilang mapangiti nang yumakap ito saakin ng mahigpit.