The Results

I awoke the next day having had a great sleep. I looked at the clock on my wall and decided it was time for breakfast, I hologram messaged Ares and told him to meet me in the canteen and then after breakfast we'd go and find out the results. I got changed into some clothes and stumbled into the canteen still rubbing sleep from my eyes. I walked into the canteen and saw Ares and Apollo sitting at a table in the corner of the room, I made my way over and sat opposite Apollo offering him a smile. Apollo Miller was the only child of Hermés Miller. Apollo's mum had died when he was only two and Apollo had never gone into detail about how she passed. Eventually Hermés let it slip that she had died in a violent riot that took place in the City.

"How you feeling today Thena?" Apollo asked me whilst looking me up and down. 

I smiled back at him "I'm doing okay thank you, I haven't seen you these past couple of days, where have you been?" I asked curiously. "I haven't done much to be completely honest with you, I travelled into the city and stayed with a friend there, we did a bit of shopping, and visited a few other people, it was nice to get out of this building once". 

A wave of jealousy came over me, I so desperately wished to leave here without being surrounded by security, thats one of the reasons I tried to escape here in the first place. Ares and I have never had a real childhood, we had to grow up so quickly. "I'm happy you got to go explore though Apollo, you look like you needed a break from here" I smiled back at him. 

"Right, whose this friend though Apollo, is it a special lady friend?" Ares asked whilst wiggling his brows. Apollo looked up at me briefly before quickly replying "No, Theres only one girl for me, but I don't think she'd be interested right now" he gave a sigh of dismay. 

"I think you should go for it though, you'll never know unless you ask. Anyway though, Ares and I should go and find out our results" I offered my advice. Ares and I quickly stood up and said our goodbyes to Apollo before wondering down the long hallway. "Just remember, no matter how well you've done, I'm so proud of you Ath" Ares comforted me. I looked over and nodded back to him. "Ditto", he laughed at my response, a saying we've had since we were young. We reached the door to the training room and gave it a heavy knock "Come in" we heard faintly. Ares and I looked at each other with a grin and walked in, on the table were two brown envelopes one with each of our names on it. 

"Good morning to the two of you" Zeus greeted us politely.

"Morning" we both responded in unison. 

" Im sure you're both very nervous, so you may go ahead and open the envelopes" he replied in a solemn tone.

Ares and I looked at each other before picking up our envelopes, just as we were about to undo the seal, a loud thump was heard from behind us. Hermés ran into the room, almost out of breath. "Have I missed it?!" he said in between breaths.

"Ah Hermés, always one to make an entrance" Zeus joked with his longtime friend "And no you haven't missed it" 

Hermés breathed a sigh of relief "Okay guys you can continue now" Ares and I both laughed and took our papers out.

"Holy shit, I passed" Ares boomed for the three other occupants of the room to hear. I proudly smiled and congratulated him. 

I flipped over the page

ATHENA BLACKWATER

THEORY     98/100 - PASSED

DECI             2/10 - PASSED

ARENA.        8/10 -PASSED

SIGNED :

ZEUS  CALLIHAN

HERMES  MILLER

I looked over at Ares, a smile forming on my lips. 

"I passed... I pas-" I said in shock before being crushed by a hug from Ares. I hugged back looking over at Zeus and Hermés before running over and giving them a double hug. "We never doubted any of you for a second" Hermés said encouragingly to us. We smiled to the both of them "Thank you". We were about to make our way out the door when Zeus called out "I hope you're not too tired for the Royal Party tonight" 

Ares and I looked at each other with a confused look before turning back to Zeus "Did we hear you correctly, theres going to be a Royal Party?". Zeus and Hermés looked at us smirking, "Sounds like you heard us perfectly, now get dressed nicely, the entire town will be here. Many of them haven't seen you since you were 13". It was true, the last time we had been allowed out further than the driveway was when we attended Zeus' brother, Artemis' , funeral. He had died an honourable way. Artemis had left the dome, against all recommendation due to the planet being highly toxic and radioactive, to collect important resources for our dome. However whilst he was out there something happened that ripped his BIOHAZARD suit, he somehow made his way back but collapsed outside the walls and died shortly after. He died a hero. After that Zeus became even more overprotective and only let us out to play on the driveway at certain points of the day. 

"Zeus, we have nothing to wear though?!" Ares mentioned. Now that I thought about it, I had nothing nice to wear at all, only my active wear, which probably wouldn't have looked great at a royal party.  "Don't worry about that, I've hired a few stylists to come over and have you done up. I beamed at the thought of having a nice outfit, but even more at the point that I'd get to meet some new people for once. 

"Im so excited Zeus thank you..for everything"