Our final day

After reading through most of the facts that I needed to know, I made my way to the infirmary to go and give my blood sample over to Persephone. I walked in gloomily, I hated getting blood tests, after everything that I had heard in Zeus' office I started to wonder if there was another reason that we had to give blood tests every week. "Persephone, why do we have to do this every week?" I thought out loud. She stopped what she was doing for a second and hesitated before replying "Well thats classified information, but we just need to make sure you're both healthy before you leave. Now, stop stressing about such little things, you have to be in the best mind set for tomorrow" she smiled at me. I smiled back but could read her face like a book, she was hiding something from me, but like she said, I didn't have time to focus on this yet. 

"Has my brother been in yet?" I asked her quietly. She put the needle in my arm and attached it to a bag before replying "Yes, he came in earlier to give the sample, he seemed annoyed though and rushed off quickly as soon as it was all done." 

I let out a sigh and looked down the empty corridor in hopes of getting a glimpse of him somewhere. "Okay lovely, you're all done" Persephone said causing me to avert my gaze back to her. "Thank you Persephone, I'll see you soon" I waved to her.

"Good Luck for tomorrow, do us all proud" She said quickly as the doors shut behind me. I thought long about her words "Its classified information"  What did she mean by this? It played on my mind as I walked to the lab to pick up some equipment for the mission.

I walked into the lab and spotted Ares talking to the head scientist 'Muse', I had never had an in depth conversation with Muse but he always seemed nice whenever we had passed each other in the hall. He was a tall man with small smile lines and deep creases where he had been concentrating on his lab work for the last twenty years at OLYMPIA. A solemn man who never married and was solely focused on work, Muse always seemed in a happy mood even with the deep from lines that covered his face. "Theres my favourite twins. Right let me take you through some stuff we have. This is a fingerprint gun, it will only recognise your print and only you can use it." He told us both whilst pointing to a small gun that attached to a holster.

 "Next up this is an identification badge, it can get you into any place that has high tech security. Just swipe it on the security keypads and it'll grant you access. These are small ear pieces, they'll allow you to hear and speak to each other if you get split up on the mission. These are dart pens, simply aim to the target, and then click the end of the pen and it'll fire a small tranquilliser dart at said target" He handed us the small devices before carrying on "Finally, every hero needs a good outfit" he said before walking away to a small cupboard secured with a keypad. "Lets try out those badges quickly, Athena swipe your card on the keypad". I did as instructed and the doors slowly opened to reveal two impressive full bodysuits "Wow..." I breathed out whilst looking at my black carbon fibre outfit that had been created. 

"Okay, so both of your outfits have been specially made for you both. Both outfits have a small pouch to keep your equipment in, they're fully waterproof, and they also have a special command that can turn the wearer of the suit invisible. Don't use it too much though, you'll need to reserve some of the power for the other features such as, the light lines" he told us sternly. Ares and I both looked at each other confused at the words.

 "Light Lines?" Ares questioned. "Yes they're small power lines that run up the outline of the suit, they'll be able to outline yourself if things ever get a bit dark and you cant see" 

"Right a couple more things, These are intelligence contacts, wear them to be able to see body temperatures near you. They work through walls, so if you need to see if there are any LIVE agents near you then these should be able to help you out. Finally, that small button on the wrist bracelet, click it whenever you exit a dome. Its a small helmet that'll pop up and protect you from the toxicity in the air. I can't stress this enough, Don't let anything happen to that button or the helmet, if it breaks there are backup generators that'll release a small amount of oxygen which will protect you but not for long, keep all of the equipment Ive shown you today safe. Most importantly keep yourselves safe, we couldn't bare if anything happened to you both"

"The contacts will also allow you to have GPS so you should know where you're going if you get stuck, good luck to the both of you." he said before leaving us in the lab. I turned to Ares only to see he was already leaving the lab without even looking back at me. I sighed and left him alone, knowing that he just needed space before we left tomorrow.