Our Final Night

After Ares had turned the corner and was no longer in my sight, I walked down the hallway in the direction of my room. Once I had gotten into my room, the only thing I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep, but I knew Apollo would be devastated if I didn't hang out with him before we left, so I messaged him asking if he wanted to meet up still and hang out.

"Open Your Door.." was the only reply I received, I hesitantly walked to the door and opened it to see Apollo standing there with a grin on his face and a basket in his hand. "Hey Thena, so I was thinking maybe we could go and have a walk in the gardens, and I've also packed us some dinner so we can have a little picnic, if you'd like?" He said to me confidently. I thought about what he had said and I could smell the fresh bread from the bakery that was seeping out the weaves in the wicker basket.
"I'd love too" I replied back, my mouth watering as I did. 

We walked to the gardens chatting about our days and what had happened, we were laughing together when I suddenly remembered that Ares should be coming with us too. "Should I message Ares to meet us out here, I know he'd like to see you before we go" I asked Apollo.

"Well actually, I already spoke to him earlier today, we said our goodbyes and stuff then, so it's just you and me tonight. Is that still cool?" He replied back with a question. I nodded my head and we carried on walking in silence.

We rounded the corner and saw the familiar tree that we would all play on when we were younger. However, the tree looked different tonight, there were small fairy lights attached to the branches and going up the trunk of the tree, a small blanket was also spread out underneath the tree, and a few pillows were splayed out on the blanket in a messy attire.
"Apollo, did you do all of this? For me?" I asked him with curiosity twinkling in my eye.

"Like I said at the party Thena, anything for my one and only lady" he replied, making a small smile grown on my face and a warm feeling in my heart. Apollo started walking to the blanket and sat down whilst leaning against the tree using a pillow for support. Patting the cushion beside him, he beckoned me over to join him.

"Okay, so of course I couldn't make dinner like any other dinner tonight, it's a very special occasion. So I went into town and bought all your favorite bits to eat and I thought maybe we could just stuff our faces and talk about stuff?" He had said starting to open up the basket. "But first of all, this is for you.." I looked over and saw him pull out a rose from on top of the basket. "A pretty flower for a pretty girl" I blushed at him profusely when he said this to me.

We had tucked into all the food that Apollo had bought for dinner and were now just talking about old times together. All of a sudden, Apollo unveils two small maps from his jacket. "These are star maps, they're gonna show you all the remaining constellations and then we'll be able to pinpoint the stars that are in the sky and where they are in space, if that makes sense?" He had asked whilst giving me one of the small maps. I smiled gratefully at him
"You know, I've always wanted to go stargazing with someone, ever since I-" I began to say before he cut me off.

"Ever since you were 13, I remember you telling me that" he replied.

"You remembered after all these years?" I said shocked that someone would remember such a small detail. "Of course I did, I've never,ever, forgotten something you've told me". He grinned back at me before pointing back up at the stars. My eyes were glued to him for a few seconds more, taking in every feature and detail of his face, before averting my gaze back up to  the stars, specifically the one he was pointing at. "
"That's the Triangulum constellation, I thought maybe it could be our star. You know, cause there's three of us. It's always been the three of us ever since I could remember. You're both so special to me" Ares said whilst pointing up to the sky.
I looked down at my watch and realized it was getting late and I should probably get going soon.
"I'd love for it to be our constellation, Ive loved tonight Apollo, but I think I should get going. It's super late and I need to wake up early tomorrow." I said, a hint of disappointment trailing in my words.

"That's okay Thena, I get it." He replied with the same disappointed tone as I had had.
I stood up and waited for him to do the same before walking towards the building and back through the hallways.
"Ill drop you off at your door" he followed me down my corridor with a hint of nervousness.

"Apollo, I need to ask you a question" I said to him as we were approaching my door..
"Fire away my dearest" he replied with a smile on his face.
"Was this a date?" I asked nervously, knowing full well that if it wasn't then I've just made a huge fool of myself.

"Did you want it to be a date?" He replied now more anxious than he was mere seconds before.
"I wouldn't mind" I said with a coy smile.
"It was most definitely a date Athena" he said with a small chuckle. "I can't believe I finally get to say that I went on a date with Athena Blackwater"

"Finally? Well how long have you been wanting to do this for then?" I questioned him.
"Probably since I was about five, you've always been my girl. I mean I'm surprised you didn't catch on sooner to be honest. I think the moment I knew was when we were really really young and you walked up to me in the canteen and sat with me. I didn't have any friends here and you just came over anyway and started talki-" I cut off his rambling with a small peck on the lips.

"Thank you Apollo, I had a really great time tonight" I said with smile which only grew when I noticed him lost for words.

"You better come home safe, I need you here with me. I have so much I want to do with you. When you're back, Im taking you out. Properly... We're leaving the building and I'm taking you to the city. I promise that I'll do whatever I can do to make you happy."
"I'm holding you to that promise Apollo, you better deliver" I said with a small smile as I slowly shut the door behind me.