Pantheon x Aspect of Chaos Male Reader

Title: "Appearances"

Request from: Santangelo13

Note: Gonna be calling Pantheon Atreus, since that's kind of his name. I had a difficult time trying to find a tone for this story, so I'm sorry if it seems all over the place

Atreus' grip on his spear tightened as he entered your territory. He advanced slowly, checking his surroundings in case of an ambush. The silence was deafening. He could only hear his thoughts and his footsteps hitting the ground.

He had to be prepared to fight you. He heard the stories of your power, and the dangers it caused. You could crumble mountains and cities. You were a danger to his eyes. A danger that had to be taken care of.

You were the aspect of chaos after all. There was only only one thing that meant. You were there to destroy and disrupt mankind. You were simply another cruel god toying with man. You had to be killed. It would make humanity's life easier.

Atreus stopped in his tracks, seeing a shadow loom over in the distance, your shadow. His eyes narrowed. Did you know about his attack? Should Atreus have called it off? He shook his head ever so slightly. No, you had to be dealt with, now.

He narrowed his eyes, focusing on your shadow moving, trying to figure out from where you would strike. He could easily be killed by you. He had to plan this methodically. He had to-

"Excuse me,"

A voice from behind interrupted Atreus' thoughts.

"Why are you here?"

You asked politely. Atreus turned around, seeing you casually standing there. He was standing there frozen, expecting you to hurt him. You didn't really process it through your head at that time. You thought he was just a lost warrior that wandered through your territory.

It took you a second before it finally clicked in your head. You inspected him from head to toe.

"Oh, you must be here to kill me. You really shouldn't."

"And why is that?"

Atreus said, preparing to strike you.

"Well,"

You slowly walked up to the man, unbothered by his threat. Making him grow anxious, at each footstep you made. You stopped right in front of him, pressing a finger right on his forehead.

"Boop!"

Atreus eyes widened as his mind was suddenly overwhelmed with images of destruction and war. Cries of innocent men and women as they tried to flee their homes. Flames engulfing everything in it's path, and soldiers taking the lives of children.

Atreus was suddenly pulled into another scene. He looked around, seeing he was on a desert. Monsters quickly started emerging from the ground, children were being trampled as their steeds fled.

"HELP ME PLEASE I DONT WANNA DIE! "

A small boy cried out, reaching his hand towards Atreus. The monsters slowly closing in. Atreus reacted fast, running to the boy. Inches away from saving the boy's life, he was suddenly pulled away. All Atreus could hear was the boy's pained screams, before being pulled into another scene.

This time, it was a forest being burnt to the ground. A crackling noise suddenly caught Atreus' attention. In the corner of his eye, he saw a mound. He quickly turns around, and spots a pile of bodies, slowly burning away with the forest. Their faces empty and void of any emotion.

He had never seen such suffering. Why were you showing him these things? Was this your way of warning him of your power? Atreus was suddenly snapped back into reality as you removed your finger from his forehead.

"Why, why did you show me that?"

You tilted your head at him.

"You still don't get it, do you?"

He shook his head.

"That is what happens if I am to die."

You said turning away from him.

"Another mortal will be chosen to take my place as the Aspect of Chaos. The gods have warned me about them."

"Why would they need to warn you?"

Atreus asked. You turned back to him

"There is a prophecy about the next aspect of chaos."

You said, your expression grim.

"What you just saw was what they would bring upon this world, should I die. The new aspect of chaos would cause mankind to go extinct. If I die now, then all of Runeterra will fall. The world is too shattered to form an alliance to fight back. Everything would fall apart. No one would be able to stop them."

Atreus looked down at the ground.

"How do we stop them?"

Surprised at his question, you look away from him.

"I don't know... I'm just trying to delay the inevitable, and wait. I can't do much..."

That's when something clicked in your mind. You paused for a second, looking back at him, a glimmer of hope in your eyes.

"But you can!"

"What do you mean by that?"

Atreus asked, once again confused by you.

"You could stop them!"

"I'm still confu-"

You cut him off once again pacing yourself around him. You stopped in from of him, clasping his hands on yours.

"You could help me warn the others! You could help me reunite the Solari and Lunari. You could help me end their warm. With this conflict of the next aspect, we could bring back Targon to it's full strength to fight it!"

Atreus looked at you, hesitant. You sighed, letting go of his hand. Distancing yourself from him, you reach out your hand.

"We could prevent the extinction of mankind together. We could join forces. Please?"

Atreus furrowed his brows, conflicted. He looked you up and down, before finally sighing. He takes your hand, firmly.

"Together."