Who's That Girl

Simone

"Come on King! Just let me use the car tonight!" I begged King as he played his xbox whatever series is out now. "Monie no! Last time I let you use the car, you scraped curbs and knocked the mail box down and I don't wanna hear mama mouth about her shit." I rolled my eyes and switched legs. "First off, I took the heat with mama last time so what are you complaining for? Secondly, I'm better now. I just had to pee and didn't have time to be driving right." I said trying hard to plead my case quickly so I can get over there to pick up Tay before she have time to change her mind. King looked at me long and hard. "WHAT?" I semi-yelled getting impatient. King always let me drive his car but not the trucks. I don't even see why he needed all of these vehicles anyway. "Alright shit but I'm telling you I don't want none of them lil niggas in my car Simone. And don't think I won't find out cause you know I will." King said as he handed me the keys. "OOHH thanks brother! Witcha ugly self." I said as I jogged as fast as I could being sure not to crease my Jordan twist 12's. I managed to pull out me a pair of black short tights, white tshirt with tupac on it that I tied into a knot in the front, silver accessories and my Jordans. I wet my hair so my long coils can bounce around freely. I also managed to do a little simple makeup making sure my eyebrows were on point.

I pulled up to Tayla's house and honked the horn twice. I had Mo3 blasting while snapping a few selfies. Tay walked out of the house looking fine as fuck. Her thighs and hips with that big ass didn't do that skirt any justice. I don't know why the girl was insecure cause she was fine as fuck to me. I'm not into girls but I give credit where it's due, especially when it's for my bestfriend. "OOOH Look at all that ASSSSSSS!" I yelled from the car while snapping pictures of her heading my way. "Girl shut up before the neighbors come out here." She said getting in the car quickly. We rode all the way to the party listening to Mo3, Mulatto, and a little bit of Nipsey. When we pulled up to the party, I noticed Tayla started to get this uncomfortable look on her face. "Chill out Tay. You are just as pretty and cool as these bitches in here. And trust me, ain't nobody gone come at you on no bullshit while I'm here. They may be people I associate with but behind you, it's hell." I told her as she sat looking around out the window. "Alright, I'll hold you to that." She said as we started to get out of the car.

Tayla

Walking into this kickback it was packed from front to back. It was room in here but it was well over 100 people in here. I spotted a lot of people from school but a mixture of people from our hood was in here as well. The music was blasting with a song I don't know. "Hey Simone!" Jordan came up dapping Simone up and turning her back to me like I wasn't even standing there. I mugged the back of her head and continued to look around, assessing my surroundings. "Um what up Jordan? You don't see Tay standing here?" Simone said as she gestured towards me. "Yeah I saw her, how could I miss her?" She said as she turned back around with a chuckle. I looked over at Simone and back at Jordan before walking away to the bar. I didn't care to stand around waiting on my temper to get the best of me or for Simone to stand up for me like she usually do. But that was strike number one.

I leaned against the bar still observing my surroundings. I spotted a guy from school slowly making his way through the crowd. I turned my head and took a sip of my soda I grabbed from the bar. "Mmm you know this is not safe right?" I heard someone say into my ear. I turned around to see the same guy now standing directly in my face. I waited a few minutes before I built up my patience and confidence to respond back. "And exactly what is that?" I asked as I turned towards him fully. "Your fine, beautiful self standing here all alone." He responded with a smirk on his face. I couldn't help the blush that began forming on my face before I quickly snapped back to reality. "Yeah well so far the only person that has come to bother me is you." I said before I started to walk away looking for Simone. I didn't make it far before I felt someone grab me around the waist. Quickly, I snatched away. "Don't touch me. Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked looking into his gray eyes. I remember Vic from school. I can't lie and say that he's not fine. Tall stance, buff build, gray eyes, and soft wavy hair with tons of tattoos everywhere except his face. "Nah ma. I'm trying to see what's up with you." I rolled my eyes and kept walking before being stopped again. "Listen, listen, listen. Maybe I came off wrong. I'm just trying to get to know you. I haven't seen you before." He said which pissed me off even more. "Yes you have, ya'll just always have your head stuck so far up your ass to notice. Or shall I say ya'll head be stuck up all them other popular girls asses to notice little ole me." I said as I walked away. I wasn't feeling this party anymore so I decided to just to go on back to the car and wait on Simone there.

I had been sitting in the car scrolling and posting on my social media for about an hour before I saw Vic come out of the house with a group of his other friends. I rolled my eyes and went back to looking on my phone. Soon enough, I heard a tap on the window. Looking up I saw Vic. I huffed and put my phone down on my lap. "What?" I said through the window with an eye roll. "Let me holler at you." He said while leaning down looking through the window. "Please ma. I'm not gone try nothing." It took me a minute but eventually I opened the door. "Yeah?" I said crossing my legs and looking straight ahead. "I just wanted to apologize for how things went inside the party. I just wanted to holla at you. You're beautiful as fuck and honestly I've never noticed you at school and that's my fault. But if you'll give me a chance to get to know you." I was surprised to hear how sincere and soft Vic was sounding right now. Vic was a street hustler who was wanted by all the girls at school except me pretty much. "I mean, I guess." I said shyly. Vic grabbed my phone from my lap and started typing on it. As soon as he finished, he placed it back into my hands and stood up. "I'll be in touch ma." He said with a smirk and an eye wink. I didn't know how to feel about trusting Vic and giving him a chance but I guess it's time for a new beginning for ole Tayla.