4

And the disclaimer which I keep forgetting: I dont own The hunger games or Percy Jackson.

Okay. Now for the chapter. Enjoy.

Katniss

The whole makeover thing took ages. Katniss had to lie there while they groomed her, and gave her a full body scrubbing. Her prep team even had her nails filed into perfect ovals. It was a type of luxury that only the people in the Capitol enjoyed. Then she was taken to her stylist, Cinna. Katniss found that he was one of the nicer people to talk to. He wasn't like the others, always so full of themselves. Cinna was dressed rather simply, with only a slight eyeliner. When he talked, he did not have the accent of a falsely high voice like everyone else in the Capitol.

He told her about the costume she was going to wear during the parade around the city circle. About the flames that were going to be added on to enhance the costume. Katniss knew that the parade was the first time where the audience got to see the tributes. It was the time where the tributes could gain sponsors.

Cinna helped her into the fully black costume. It didn't look eye-catching at all yet. He had mentioned that the flames would be ignited just before they go out on the carriage.

-Line Break-

The parade was going to start soon. Katniss could see what all the other tributes were wearing. District One, which made jewellery for the Capitol, were sparkling with an assortment of shiny precious jems. She caught sight of the tributes of District Four, who had slung fishing nets over their shoulder like a cape. She caught sight of Percy and Foxface from District 5. Although they were not wearing anything that stood out from the rest, they still looked like a threat. Foxface was looking as sly as ever, and Percy looked skilled, strong, and even had an aura of power radiating off him. Katniss knew she had to watch out for this one. He might be a real danger in the arena even though he was not a career.

The first carriage pulled out, and cheers could be heard everywhere. The audience were screaming their lungs out. One by one, the room emptied, until it was time for her and Peeta to get onto their carriage. Cinna came at the last moment with a flaming touch. He touched the fire to their costume, cape and headset, and they ignited. Flames curled around them, but they gave off no heat.

Cinna signalled Katniss and Peeta to hold hands, and the carriage pulled out.

"Katniss! Katniss!" She heard the crowd call. Katniss knew that this was the time to get sponsors to notice her and place bets on her. She smiled and blew kisses in the direction of the audience, causing them to swoon on her.

They made a round around the city circle, before going back. Then the tributes were sent off to the Training Centre to find their rooms.

The tributes of District twelve got the top level of the Training Centre.

Katniss then went back to her room to wash up, and change out of the costume. Exhausted, Katniss slumped on her bed and slept immediately.

The time seemed to fly by. The next instant, it was already morning.

"Get up! You have a big, big, big day ahead!" Effie's voice wafted through the door, waking Katniss out of her sleep. Opening her eyes, she saw sunlight streaming through the floor to ceiling windows, illuminating the room.

Today must be the first day of training, she thought. Quickly, Katniss got ready and walked out of her room to the dining hall. There, she saw Peeta, Haymitch and Effie already seated at the table eating. Katniss hurried over, her stomach growling. She loaded her plate with food and sat down on the empty chair beside Peeta.

"Now, as you all know, today is the first day of training." Effie said.

Katniss and Peeta just nodded.