7

"what the-"

"i know it's hard to believe tae but it's the truth."

"how could you keep this from me!" taehyung yells, glaring at the couple.

"taehyung calm down and please, please let us explain."

"you have a minute." taehyung huffs, crossing his arms.

"we wouldn't even need that long."

"time's going. thirty seconds left!" taehyung says, his eyes looking at the ceiling.

"taehyung, we couldn't tell humans about our kind. it could be dangerous that's why we kept it a secret but now you're officially in it, i hope you'll not disappoint us."

"you didn't trust me?"

"tae... it's like you not telling us you were marked."

"yeah! for like a few days!"

"by two people!"

"same thing! we've known each other for years and you think i would tell on you? well you're right!" taehyung says as he picks up his cellphone, typing on it and bringing it up to his ear.

"hello! help my friends are-"

the phone gets taken away from him.

"taehyung! for fucks sake!" joohyun shouts, as she grabs the phone from taehyung's hand.

"we trusted you! what would your child think of you that you told on his kind?!"

"babe." joohyun calls out.

"you have disappointed me taehyung. i don't know you to be like this."

taehyung stared at hoseok, blinking, his face blank.

"babe." joohyun calls out again.

"let me talk irene. taehyung do you have any idea what you've done?! you've made us lose trust in you!"

"hoseok! fucking answer me! he didn't call anyone!"

taehyung giggles, his eyes shutting as he laughs.

"what?" hoseok questions, his face genuinely confused.

"he... he pranked us."

"prank?" hoseok asks, his eyes staring at the boy who kept laughing, years falling from the corner of his eyes.

"you're joking... right?"

"you should see your face!" taehyung giggled, "you were like 'you're such a disappointment.' it was epic." taehyung says as he wiped his eyes.

"taehyung..." hoseok trails, his mouth going dry. he licked his lips, clearing his throat.

"i'm actually surprised you thought i'll sell you out. shame." taehyung said, shaking his head, "i'm disappointed in you hobi. you really don't trust me."

"taehyung... i'm sorry. i didn't mean... i was so scared. we've been kept a secret for a while. we only hear of how humans take our kind and lock them up in laboratories. we don't want to end up like that."

"i understand. i really do. it's fine! you know! i'm really lucky! my two best friends are werewolves! i have werewolf mates and a hybrid baby. that makes me extremely special. is it rare to have two mates?"

"yeah. extremely and they're true bloods."

"true what now? i think i've seen it on wattpad. where they have two alpha parents?"

"yeah."

"how did you even know?"

"they're the only ones that have golden in their marks. we've been told since we were pups."

"that's so cool!" taehyung exclaims, bouncing on his seat, "i wish i was a werewolf!"

"it's not all that cool." hoseok trails.

"j, do you have a mating mark?" taehyung asks as he looks at her neck.

"yes..." joohyun whispers shyly, looking at her feet.

"lemme see!" taehyung says, still searching for the mark.

joohyun goes to the bathroom and returns a few minutes later, sitting beside taehyung.

"wow. yours has a heart?"

"it would have just been a moon if..."

"if... what?" taehyung asked, curiosity glazing his brown eyes.

"our relationship was built on love. hoseok marked me when we were in love."

"oh... so... that's why i have a moon? my mates don't love me?" taehyung asks, tears filling his eyes.

"yet taehyung. yet. you're one of the most lovable people i know." hoseok says, patting Taehyung's shoulder.

"and if hoseok wasn't my mate, you and i would definitely be together."

"that would be nice. marry me joohyun."

"taehyung, you're gay."

"right."

"alright! don't you think it's time you called those guys? they have to know."

"i guess so."

~+~

so! tell me you have upped your guessing game so you can have the heart and not a stethoscope.

tell me you guessed right that hoseok and joohyun were werewolves and mates.

tell me you did.

you still didn't?

sigh.

'peace out 🩺

just have the heart!

💟