ℭ𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔯

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Friends - Chase Atlantic

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

1:30 ———|———— -3:50

𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁, 𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒾𝓉, 𝐼'𝓂 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝒶𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒

𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓎, 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓋𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓌

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓋𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹

━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━

As she sat down waiting for JJ, Wheezie sat with her head in her palm yawning. "He promised." She whispered to herself again.

Isla wrapped her arm around the girl, hugging her close. "Want to dance?" She asked softly.

The girl shook her head, looking down at her palms in her lap, fiddling with the frills of her dress. A wave washed over Isla, as if she were out of her body looking at a younger version of herself, she knew that look because she used to wear it everyday. It was just how she always used to look waiting for her father to come home from work, or waiting for her mother to pick her up from school, waiting for her parents to come to any of her graduations, waiting. Always waiting for someone to come and see her.

Isla hugged her tighter. "Come on," she offered her hand, "let's go sneak some cake."

A small light glimmered in Wheezie's eyes, and Isla promised herself. She wouldn't let that light die, not how it had for her. She wasn't going to let this girl believe that she wasn't worth the whole world, that she was destined to be given up on instead. As they walked inside hand in hand, tears stung her eyes as she thought about how long she had spent alone in that house. That goddamn house, a house shouldn't echo when you walk, it should be a home. A home with laughter and love. Maybe, that was why she was always searching, because she had never belonged anywhere. She didn't have a home, just a house. Here she was, watching history repeat itself for little Wheezie.

"Give me a minute." Isla whispered, squeezing Wheezie's hand. "I'm just going to the bathroom." She excused herself quickly, rushing to the ladies room with a hand clasped to her face as she tried to blink her tears away fiercely.

"Isla?" Rafe's body collided with hers. "What's wrong?" Two arms wrapped around her, reaching out of the mens room.

She looked away, hating that he got to see her tears. Even if he didn't cause them, he'd been the cause of all the others.

"Leave me alone." She brushed her cheeks, her gaze falling to the sink behind him. White lines raised against the black marble, a hundred dollar bill. She scoffed and pushed him away.

His soft eyes fell to the floor. "Seriously?" She shook her head at him. "Wheezie's been looking for you all night, and you've been in here doing this?" Her hand trembled in the air as she pointed to the cocaine.

For once, Rafe was left speechless. She shoved him again. "What is going on with you?" Her eyes squinted as she searched his pupils for a sign of life behind his glass-eyed gaze. "Why are you acting like this?" She spoke again, her voice harsh and severe.

He sighed, then rubbed his nose. "Just tell her I'll be out in a second." His voice hollow.

Her hand flew to his shoulder, seeing him lean down to do another line, pulling him back. "Rafe." She looked at him bewildered. "What's going on?" She shook her head lightly. Her voice gentle.