Alex

We're at the police station now. We all decided to meet here and wait on Anthony, Cade's dad, to go over the details for how things are suppose to go down tonight.

I stare blankly at the wall, while officers gather whatever things they need for tonight, so we can leave out soon. My dad is here with me for support and so is Jacob's dad. We're waiting on an out of town social worker to text us that she's close to the house. I look around and notice that Anthony is suited up along with two other officers.

"Alright guys this is the deal," Anthony yells above all the chatter, getting everyone's attention. "You can come with us but you can not interfere in any kind of way. Not unless we specifically ask for assistance. Just stay outside and out of the way." He looks up at the ceiling for a brief second and then back to us. "I don't know what we'll see or hear but I just need you all to stay calm." His phone pings and he looks at the screen for a couple of seconds. "Okay, we're ready, let's head over there and hope like hell the reality of the situation is far better than what we're all thinking." He grabs papers off his desk which I know are the warrants a judge signed earlier.

I couldn't agree with him more. I'm assuming the worst and hoping like hell for the best. Even though I feel like my assumptions are far more right than my hopes. I feel my gut twist and an uneasy feeling makes it's way up into my throat. My insides continue to twist until my mouth waters and I feel like I'm going to puke.

I constantly swallow, trying to make the nauseous feeling go away. My mind goes back to the night that we found out what Gabriella had to go through. It's messed up that she had to go through it, no one helped her, no one cared. The situation isn't the same for, Lilly. I just hope that we're not too late. Lilly hasn't been there long, but just one incident like Gabriella's and she'll be fucked up for the rest of her life.

And just like that my mind flashes with moments where Gabriella's PTSD was triggered. Some of those moments were even caused by me. And like most things when it comes to Gabriella, I've taken that to heart. I slow down and make sure my movements are slow now.

It makes me livid. The nausea I was feeling quickly turns into anger.

Everyone except the officers, pile up in SUV's. We follow behind Anthony and the other police car closely. We're not speeding over there, there aren't any lights on, and there's no sirens to be heard. But, I wish we were speeding, I feel anxious in this backseat and all I want to do is get there, jump out of the car, and find Lilly.

I spoke to her aunt and uncle today, I've been helping them with their housing situation along with Cade's mom. As long as they're employed and have a stable home, they can get their kids back, including Lilly.

Lilly is a sweet little girl, my heart pinches in my chest as dark thoughts whirl around my mind causing chaos. I have to shake myself out of it before I dig myself into a rabbit hole I can't crawl out of.

Almost fifteen minutes later we're turning down Oak street and stopping in front of the house at the very end. I look out the window, there's nothing out of the ordinary. A few toys scattered along the yard and a patio set sits on the porch.

I get out of the car, headed straight for the front door. But before I can make it to the front porch, a strong grip on my arm brings me to a stop. "No, son. You can't get in the way. Stand back here with us and wait." I glare at my dad for a few seconds before I brush past him to stand with the guys.

I glance down at the heavy watch on my wrist, one that's reminding me this is all taking too damn long. It's already ten thirty.

Work ran late, too late. A little after eight we rushed over to the police station. We had to wait a little while for everyone to get everything together. That way when we got here, there would be no mistakes made, and we could leave with the kids if need be.